Job Description:Contact Employer Apply Now
- Born again, maturing Christ follower.
- Meets the biblical qualifications for an Elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Fully committed to evangelism and biblical discipleship as given in Matthew 28.
- A formal education in Biblical studies and the competency to fulfill the purpose and professional responsibilities of this position.
- At least 5 years of proven experience as a pastoral leader in a multi-staffed church with consistent attendance of 500 or more each weekend.
- Ability to cast vision and lead individuals, teams, and congregation to accomplish that vision.
- A gifted communicator – able to effectively communicate the word of God with relevant application to a multi-generational congregation.
- Able to effectively lead and manage staff to accomplish church goals.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in all areas of pastoral leadership.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; mature, tactful, reflecting the character of Christ.
- A willingness to embrace both a modern and classic style of worship.
- Must be wholeheartedly committed to the Statement of Faith, Constitution, and Bylaws of Sugar Grove Church.
- Provide visionary, strategic, and collaborative leadership for the life and ministry of Sugar Grove Church, bringing discernment and focus to priorities that support that vision.
- Engage in prayer and study of the Scripture that leads to personal spiritual growth and growth for the entire church community.
- Develop and equip the congregation in the context of Sugar Grove Church’s mission: worship, discipleship, and service.
- Serve as the primary communicator on Sunday mornings, typically preaching 11 out of 13 Sundays per quarter.
- Work collaboratively to provide overall direction to the weekend services.
- Lead, equip, and provide accountability for the ministry staff as they carry out the vision of the church.
- Offer personal counseling.
- Administer the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism.
- Conduct funerals and weddings, and provide premarital counseling.
- As the only pastoral voting member of the board of elders, the Lead Pastor is expected to attend meetings of the Board of Elders.
- Conduct annual evaluations of Associate Pastors
- Directly responsible to the Board of Elders.
- Shall work closely with the Chairman of the Board in the process of carrying out the vision and objectives of the church.
- Submit to an annual review and evaluation of his ministry and goals by the Board of Elders.
- Submit an annual, forward-looking ministry plan to the Board of Elders, and offer the elders regular progress reports.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
You Also May Be Interested In:
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Senior PastorCentral Baptist Church Deer Park, TX
- Deer Park, Texas
- October 13
About the Church
Sugar Grove Church
Sugar Grove Church is a non-denominational church located in the heart of Elkhart County, Indiana. We average 920 weekly attendees to 3 services in two separate styles - Classic and Modern. We have a defining history of over 160 years that has seen God shape Sugar Grove into a strong Bible-believing and vibrant body of Christ. This profile of Sugar Grove Church is intended to give the reader a condensed view of who Sugar Grove Church is, what we believe and what we value. We encourage the reader to also visit our website, ww More...