The Video & Graphic Designer’s core responsibilities are to produce videos for advertisements, series openers, promotions, teachings, and announcements, as well as general videos for other ministries at Element Church, and to produce print artwork, logos,
advertisements, direct-mail pieces, in-house print production, and outdoor advertising, as well as basic design and other conventional and digital design materials for the Church.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Video & Graphic Designer is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:?
- Create, organize and produce videos and projects as directed
- Manage the church’s video projects while maintaining consistent branding across all conventional and digital platforms
- Assist with set up for all video shoots (cameras, lighting, audio, etc.)
- At the direction of department supervisor, assemble recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting (The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the
- Create a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the video and determine the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- To ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of videos
- Assist with the capture of video and photography of all church events and services, as directed
- Assist with the Media Team’s weekend duties, as scheduled.
- Preparing print and digital artwork for the various departments of Element Church, as needed
- Assist with other general duties of the Media Department as requested
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
? Proficiency in video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro) and basic audio mastering.
? Knowledge in lenses, cameras, lights, composition, and basic understanding of audio
? Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud products (CC 2014) and MS Office for Mac (experience in Pages and/or iWork is a plus)
? Ability to create artwork for in-house and four-color process printing (out of house) with generally accepted printing and pre-press standards
? Knowledgeable in design, layout, color, typography, resizing, and photo editing
? Good understanding of branding and logo design
? Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
? Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, ability to take art direction, adaptability to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude
? Ability to work in a team environment, while handling production processes from concept to completion with minimal supervision and excellent results
ELEMENT CHURCH EXPECTATIONS
Attend Element Church weekly, special meetings/conferences, and any other events requested by the Design Lead. Be an active member of Element Church, upholding the Bylaws, core values and belief statements of the church.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Due to the nature of this role, a flexible schedule is preferred.
Compensation will be determined based on experience and performance evaluation results.
This job description is intended to describe the general content and requirement for performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties and work schedules
may be required