Church In The Son is located in Orlando, FL and is lead by Pastor Alex Clattenburg. For the past 25 years, Church In The Son has been sharing The Gospel and has helped bring spiritual freedom to thousands of people. At CITS we have a deep desire to experience
worship freely and go beyond traditional formalities.
Church In The Son is currently looking for a Children’s Pastor. The qualified person is expected to possess leadership and interpersonal skills, fully embrace the vision and values of the church as well as a passion for ministering to children and adult
- Lead the Children’s Ministry Team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing ministry for children birth – 5th grade that involves worship, discipleship and community.
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for Children’s Ministries in collaboration with the Senior Pastor.
- Implement all safety and security processes for Children’s Ministry in cooperation with the church’s security team.
- Oversee the creation, implementation and coordination of curriculums and weekly message.
- Teach the knowledge, meaning, and application of God’s Word and who God is.
- Establish a small group program for the children to participate in during the weekly services.
- Create an innovative atmosphere with the use of modern day technology and visual arts to engage children.
- Work alongside the Worship Team to facilitate and support the children’s worship experience for weekly services.
- Provide leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer workers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-ups.
- Develop and implement a program to equip parents for the spiritual formation the discipleship of their children while in the home along with offering relevant parenting classes.
- Communicate effectively with volunteers regarding curriculum, details, and expectations for weekly services.
- Seeks out community events with children, youth, or family focus in which the church can participate.
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and oversight.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in their faith.
- Demonstrated skill at recruiting and motivating volunteers.
- Strong listening and oral communication skills.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, with excellence in following through on details.
- Posses the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Posses the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (paid or volunteer staff members and/or a large volunteer team of 25+ volunteers).
- BA or BS degree required; Theology degree desired that meets the biblical qualifications of Church In The Son