GLACIERVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH
960 East End Road
Homer, AK 99603
Glacierview Baptist Church is a church with a Sunday morning attendance of 150-200. We are located in beautiful Homer, Alaska situated on scenic Kachemak Bay. Our church has been in existence for over 50 years and has enjoyed an exciting ministry for the last 20 years. Our extended community, including Homer and its surrounding area, has a population of 10,000-12,000 people.
Our church is conservative as to its message but open to new methods. We have a blended worship service with both contemporary and traditional music.
Our mission is to be a church where all are invited to COME discover Christ as Lord and Savior, to LEARN from Him growing in faith and purpose, and SERVE our families, friends church, community and world for the glory of Christ. We value the Word of God, true worship, spiritual maturity, prayer, sharing Christ and serving Christ and our community.
If you want to be a part of a changing community and a church that wants to impact that community we would be delighted to hear from you.
Contact us through email… email@example.com
or call Pastor Rick Wise @ 907-299-8779
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP AND WORSHIP
A dynamic leader with the ability to cast a vision and enlist and motivate leaders is the key to success in this type of position. It is our goal that through good administrative leadership and training we can encourage volunteers to take significant leadership roles. We are looking for a leader who is qualified and interested in working with youth and adults. Ideally, we would like to see a 40%-60% split between youth and adult ministries: 40% youth and 60% adult.
Assist church body in reaching our community and world for Christ and assimilate new visitors. Provide counseling and discipleship as needed. Oversee and manage ongoing biblical teaching programs designed for specific church groups. Ability in leading worship is desirable. Develop ministries that promote spiritual maturity and growth.
Ephesians 4:12 (From status quo to real and sustainable growth)
This is a guide and not meant to be rigid. We know that everyone performs best when making use of his own spiritual gifts and abilities. No two people will do the same assignment in the same way. We want our staff to make a visible difference in our ministry, not merely maintain it.
PROFILE: The person we are seeking must possess the following qualities, abilities and credentials.
- A growing vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
- Proven character that is above reproach
- A passion to reach the current and next generation for Jesus Christ
- A passion to pastor, disciple and evangelize families and their children
- A passion to teach and preach the Bible as God’s Word
- 3-5 years ministry experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree/ seminary degree preferred
- Capable of organizing and executing numerous events
- Ability to engage and train adult and youth volunteers
- Knowledge and insight of current culture
- Effective public communicator
- A self-starter that is capable of “making things happen”
- Ability to develop leaders and delegate responsibility
- Someone who is married to a woman of God who fully supports and supplements his ministry.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Congregational CareGood News Church
- Ocala, Florida
- September 29
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- September 29
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
Adult Ministry PastorBrandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Wilmington, Delaware
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27