White River Christian Church exists to connect EVERY LIFE to Jesus. The Campus Pastor will implement the mission, vision, and strategy of WRCC at an offsite campus, pastor/shepherd those who attend this campus, and provide leadership for the staff and leaders
at that campus. While individual staff members are responsible for different areas of ministry, it is expected that the campus pastor is the champion for the campus and always considering whether the ministry is meeting the needs of this unique campus.
Implement the mission, vision, and strategy of WRCC at an offsite campus.
- Work with the Senior Pastor, Lead Pastor and Elders of WRCC to live out the mission, vision and strategy of WRCC
Coordinate and oversee the function and effectiveness of the multisite campus
Be primary champion of communication and promotion of campus events, programs and initiatives including but not limited to enews, stage announcements and social media.
- Engage in the local community in order to understand the needs in the community and how the church can serve those needs.
Pastor/shepherd those who attend this campus
- Provide Biblical and spiritual guidance for congregation
Connect regularly with those attending this campus to nurture faith development and engage in ministry opportunities
Connect people attending this campus into small groups and other primary contexts of the Faith Development Plan/4 Faith Movement
- Provide pastoral care (hospital, nursing home, funerals, weddings, etc.) for those attending this
Provide leadership for the staff and leaders at that campus
- Participate in weekly worship services as complimentary voice of the Senior Pastor and other WRCC leadership
Ensure that facilities are clean, welcoming and well maintained. Work with Lead Pastor & Operations Director on facility needs and improvements.
Collaborate and brainstorm vision, strategies and direction of video teaching with Lead Pastor. Take the lead on identifying related technology needs and solutions.
- Teach in weekend worship services 13 times annually
The Campus Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor and will be responsible and submissive to the Elders of WRCC.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of White River Christian Church
Must be submissive to the leadership of White River Christian Church
Prefer 3-5 years experience in fulltime ministry, at least 2 years in a church setting
Prefer experience leading a multisitecampus or overseeing others
Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry.
Must possess these key spiritual gifts: Leadership, Administration and Teaching.
- Articulate in writing a philosophy of ministry and the strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy
IMPORTANT SKILLS/PERSONAL TRAITS
- A team player with the ability and innovation to blaze new trails
Able to build strong teams of people working toward a common vision with collaboration and unity
Generates new ideas, gives direction and allows others to work the details.
Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.
Takes on multiple challenges, assignments and succeeds.
Assertive and motivated for successful ministry.
- Strong communicator interpersonally and with groups both small and large