**In order to be considered for this role, please visit our site to apply & upload a resume. www.kingswaychurch.org/connect/employment. Applicants who do not submit an online application & resume will not be able to be considered.**
kids associate | age 2-kindergarten & special needs
FLSA: Exempt | Full-Time
Responsible to: Kids Team Leader
Mission and Purpose: This person will be responsible for working directly with preschool-age children and children with special needs, under the supervision of the Kids Team Leader. The Kids Associate will develop and lead
teams of volunteers to oversee and work in the various preschool rooms (ages two through Kindergarten). In addition, the associate will be responsible for creating a vibrant special needs ministry that will serve children from ages two through fourth grade.
They will be responsible for the ongoing shepherding, training and encouragement of the volunteer teams that serve and lead in both of these areas. The associate will help parents experience how Kingsway Kids will partner with them as their children grow.
The associate will set the stage for this by how they invite, teach and partner with parents.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and administer multiple preschool rooms
- Work with the kids team to provide oversight and yearly evaluation of the Sunday curriculum choice for preschool and all of kids ministry
- Coordinate and further develop an energetic special needs ministry
- Oversee, recruit, develop & cast vision for all volunteers and key leaders within the preschool ministry
- Work with the kids team to plan, organize and run the Family Dedication Celebration Event twice a year
- Create and plan a kid-friendly and adult-engaging service for Preschool Family Central Sunday quarterly
- Work with the kids team to plan, organize and run summer day camp at Kingsway
- Serve as an integral voice on the kids team to help vision cast and lead an energetic kids ministry
- Alongside the kids team, help evaluate, plan and create strategic and purposeful kids ministry events to further emphasize a family ministry model
- Develop and oversee the annual budget for the preschool ministry area
- Attend weekly staff meetings, Kingsway Kids department meetings and other required staff events
- Serve on the minister on call rotation four to five Fridays a year
- Hold regular office hours Sunday through Thursday each week, plus an additional 3 blocks of time
- Be present prior to and during all Sunday morning services
- Bible degree or Early Childhood Education degree preferred
- Has a minimum of two years professional ministry experience, preferably with children
- Required Qualities and Characteristics: Exhibits a strong walk with God, Demonstrates a passion for kids and their families, Is highly relational and team-oriented, Is a self-starter who is highly motivated and demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Skills and experience desired: Possesses strength in recruiting, leading and developing teams of volunteers, Works well with a team, Aligns with Kingsway’s family ministry model, Working knowledge of the
Orange philosophy and other family ministry models, Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a member of Kingsway Christian Church, or willing to become a member, and be a part of a Life Group