Senior Pastor Job Description
Vietnamese Christian Community Church (VCCC) of Seattle is under the VN district of the Christian Missionary Alliance that was formed in 2005. VCCC is a church family of approximately 150 individuals.
Our three main ministries currently include a Vietnamese First Generation ministry, an English Second Generation ministry, comprised of middle and high school youth, as well as young professionals and couples, and a Children’s ministry.
Our church vision of making disciples who make disciples come from the Great Commission as written in the Gospel of Matthew 28-18-20. We are currently searching for a Senior Pastor who will be able implement and fulfill this vision, and coordinate and communicate
with our three ministries.
We are looking for a candidate with a definite call to full-time ministry, has a minimum of 3 years of pastoral ministry experience, and is proficient in both Vietnamese and English.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Bible College or University.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with English cross-cultural ministry experience.
This individual is not just looking for a ministry “job,” but for a city and a church that they are called to, and is excited to see transformed by the power of God’s Word and Spirit.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, moving expenses paid and additional allowances.
Salary is commensurate based upon experience and education. Serious inquiries only.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, 3 ministry references, a recorded sermon in English and Vietnamese, and marital status.
- - - -
1. Preach and teach classes on a weekly basis
2. Mentor and develop VCCC leadership for active faith development and community outreach
3. Lead Church Governing Board
4. Attend and facilitate all Staff Meetings
5. Disciple Ministry Directors
6. Oversee and monitor individual ministries
7. Assist Children’s Ministry Coordinator
8. Work alongside English Ministry Pastoral Staff
9. Assess prayer needs
10. Assist in all forms of counseling
11. Hospital and home visits to ministry members
12. Make phone calls to attendees that have recently stopped attending
13. Assist in the development of any future new small groups
14. Assist in any other day-to-day administrative functions
15. Recruit church members for various areas of ministry service
16. Perform communion, baptisms, weddings, and funerals
17. Build and maintain strong familiar and working relationships with churches in shared building
18. Local evangelism