Friendship Church Canton, a local congregation of the United Methodist Church, is seeking a Campus Pastor for our new Shelby Township, Michigan location. The ideal candidate will shepherd and develop the Shelby Campus congregation in harmony with the leadership,
vision, and strategy of Friendship Church. This is a permanent ministerial role that will begin at less than full-time and progress to full-time based on growth bench-marks.
Our mission is to reach our community with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ; teaching that the Bible is relevant to everyday life; equipping individuals through vital relationships to love God and serve others.
Friendship Church is excited to launch a multi-site ministry in Michigan. The Shelby Township campus will be supported and guided by the leaders of Friendship Church who has successfully launched a vibrant and relevant ministry in Canton. Our goal is to
grow discipleship through many satellite campuses. Each campus will have a Campus Pastor with the responsibilities outlined below. The sermon will be broadcast via video provided by the Canton campus.
Essential Functions for the Shelby Campus Pastor:
Leader - provides direct oversight of all operations and staff.
Emcee - serve as the 'face of the place' and hosts each service (assume video teaching).
Shepherd - provide standard pastoral duties to those attending and related to the campus.
Centurion - oversee small groups and their leaders.
Mentor - provide leadership to paid and volunteer staff and oversee all ministry teams.
Organizer - ensure quality control, excellence, and efficiency of all campus operations.
Recruiter - serve as a talent scout for new leaders and volunteers and connects them.
* Participate in the leadership of Friendship Church by attending staff, programming and supervisory meetings at the Canton location.
* Accept pastoral care responsibilities as required.
* Attend other church functions and ministries as much as possible.
Please provide a resume and cover letter with salary history and/or requirement for further consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information visit our website at: www.friendshipchurchinfo.com
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
* Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit and a healthy family life.
* Self-motivated leader capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry and possessing excellent relational skills.
* Ability to mentor and guide others through supportive relationships.