Edgewater Church is multi-cultural United Methodist Church located in Southwest Florida. Our attendance averages 680 worshipers, but fluctuates higher and lower as we have many seasonal residents. We are looking for a passionate Jesus follower to take
over a healthy student ministry program of approximately 80 active students in a life giving way. Edgewater Church is a contemporary styled church located in an old movie theater. Our mission statement is “Helping people meet, know, and serve Jesus Christ”
and we are passionate about pursing our mission.
The Four Required C’s
- Character – We are committed to someone who walks the walk and remains above reproach
- Competency – We are committed to someone who has a plan to run a thriving ministry
- Chemistry - We are committed to someone whose personality blends well with the staff, lay leadership, and the adult counselors that they will be working with
- Call - We are committed to someone who feels a call to work with and love teenagers
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- An understanding of the Bible
- Agree with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Edgewater Church
- Must be compatible with the United Methodist Church
- Must be compatible with Wesleyan Theology
- Must be extremely self-motivated
- Must be willing to work the necessary hours
- Must be willing to go into schools
- Some experience is required, preferably as a Student Pastor
- Must show leadership skills. This job includes managing student leaders, adult counselors, and part-time associate Student Pastor
- This job is 35 hours a week for a salary of approximately $40,000, depending on education and experience. This is a hard cap on the salary.
For submissions, please e-mail, email@example.com with your resume, 5 references including a pastor, and a link to a 2 minute video answering the question, “Why are you passionate about Student Ministry. We will e-mail follow up questions and
be in touch with you about the job.