We are seeking an experienced church leader who is able to meet the challenge of growing a congregation that consists of various Christian denominations. We are offering a competitive compensation package which includes housing.
CCEW is a member of the International Council of Community of Community Churches. We seek a strong leader who supports our church mission and community with an emphasis on Christian faith and fellowship.
The successful candidate would be expected to lead by word and example while guiding the church to accomplish the work of Jesus Christ. The role of the church in the community is of primary importance to enable us to spread the word of Jesus Christ,
proclaiming His work, teaching, leading, equipping leaders, modeling the church's mission, devotion to prayer, assuring care, and mobilizing resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Ordained minister and graduate of an accredited Protestant seminary.
2. Cheerful and enthusiastic personality.
3. Ability to relate the scriptures and teachings of Jesus to the everyday lives of the congregation.
4. Experienced in working with youth and young families.
5. Supervision of church staff: Christian education, office staff, grounds staff, organist.
6. Council congregants and committees as required.
7. Contact by phone or personal visitations congregants who are shut-ins, hospitalized or others
who need special time with the pastor.
8. A preferred minimum of 5 years' experience as a senior pastor in a Protestant or a non-denominational church. Or years in a prior career to enhance the above.
The Pastoral Search Committee is accepting packages containing (but not limited to) your resume, your calling (share your call to ministry), style of ministry (explain your beliefs), and any other information you feel is relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged with our intent for further communication regarding personal interview(s). Kindly maill applications to:
Mitch Williams, Chairman of Pastoral Search Committee
Community Church of East Williston
45 East Williston Ave.
East Williston, NY 1596
Tel. 516-742-9690; email firstname.lastname@example.org