POSITION TITLE: CAMPUS PASTOR
LOCATION: WESTERN ILLINOIS; ST. LOUIS METRO AREA
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
DENOMINATION: SOUTHERN BAPTIST
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 2000+ TOTAL; multi-site
MinisterSearch (https://ministersearch.com/) is delighted to present an opportunity for the right person to serve as a Campus Pastor of the second campus of a multi-site church in a great area of
western Illinois. This second campus has the same DNA as the original site --
suburban, contemporary, and caring—even though its location is further out from the suburbs--more of a rural area. And their vision is to be a church where people
want to move closer to God, closer to each other, and closer to the disconnected.
This church is all about serving -– they have many active, supporting volunteers that love serving. They
do not use church lingo, and they are very actively focused on reaching the unchurched. Their
worship music is geared toward the 20-35 age group—they believe the church should be
Focused on connecting with people where they are and providing an environment where the unchurched can hear that Jesus cares about them and died for their sin, the wonderful people at this church believe that giving their best honors
God and inspires people.
This multi-site church has a total of about 2000 in weekly attendance—this Campus is running over 200 weekly, and they are
preparing to go to two services in the near future. Although this site is located in an area that is somewhat rural in location, it is in full alignment with the church in all areas, including its style. The right person for this position
will love being in a more rural area while serving at a suburban, contemporary Campus. They will have a great opportunity to come into this friendly, caring, and supportive Campus that is poised to go to the next level with the right leadership.
As far as "big city," St. Louis is only an hour away—and there is
plenty of "suburban" on the way. However, the city where this campus is located has much to offer on its own--it is rich in history—in fact in goes back to Illinois’ inception. And, state history merges with national and world
history in the making of a Statesman and President—Abraham Lincoln has ties to this city. Additionally, it’s a blend of beautifully restored historical sites and stately homes of the past. It is also enhanced with antique and specialty shops,
modern hospital and schools, and contemporary community facilities.
There’s plenty of fun to be had in the great outdoors, too--picturesque community parks, a lovely 660 acre recreational lake for swimming, camping, boating and fishing, as well as hunting, and challenging golf courses. Add in the warm, friendly people, and
you have a wonderful opportunity for the right person to live, raise a family, and serve the Lord.
The Campus Pastor serves as the primary leader of the Multi-site Campus. They must champion the vision of the church while maintaining and advancing the systems and structure to handle the growth of, and fulfilling the vision of the
church. While the weekend message is delivered via HD video, the Campus Pastor must still possess the ability to effectively communicate vision, develop, and motivate campus staff and volunteers and teach/lead in other settings. The Campus Pastor must possess
the ability to effectively lead from the second chair.
The Campus Pastor’s primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Campus is in full alignment with the vision, strategies and values of church
- Managing, organizing and growing all aspects of the campus, including weekend services, small groups, budgets, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Intentional apprenticing, motivating and encouraging of campus staff and volunteers
- Imbedding and maintaining the DNA of the church at the multi-site campus
- Pastoring/shepherding the local congregation
- Teaching/leading, and developing teachers and leaders for various classes
- Assisting the other pastors in counseling as needed
- Developing leaders and mentoring individuals to become leaders
- Supporting and participating in the regular church programs and activities of the church
- Encouraging and participating in relational evangelism
- Meeting with direct supervisor at least one hour every other week for the purpose of evaluation and planning in areas of responsibility
- Assisting direct supervisor and the Senior Pastor in performing whatever duties that may be assigned by them
- Teaching on leadership and speaking on occasion
- Minimum of 3 years’ ministry experience
- Four-year Degree from an accredited college/university
- A heart for rural America
- Maintain the church's vision for the Campus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Love being a shepherd/pastor to a congregation
- A leader—someone who can guide, direct, and delegate
- Discernment in all areas
- Ability to manage others, including staff and volunteers
- Relational—able to relate to different types of personalities
- Ability to multi-task—including weekend services, small groups, budgets, staff, volunteers, etc.
- Has a teachable spirit—willing to look to others for help
- Possess loyalty—lead from the second chair and support the entire team and church