Director of Christian Education (15-20 hours per week)
Responsibilities: To promote and encourage spiritual growth in the life of those in our church fellowship by…
· Recruit and train Sunday School teachers and Small group leaders.
· Support existing small groups, Sunday school classes and Bible studies.
· Provide leadership training and encouragement to small group leaders.
· Coordinate Wednesday Night Options (Bible study and study/enrichment opportunities following
· Initiate and organize an annual church-wide small group campaign/study.
· Promote and support the emergence of new small group opportunities.
· Assist with promotional campaigns for special sermon series/projects.
· Coordinate and execute yearly “Serve” Campaign.
· Coordinate and manage operations of Sunday morning Welcome Center and Highland Perk
· Begin to explore ways in which we might engage more, in this area of Christian Education, with
those beyond our walls.
· Establish an Education Committee with whom to work and gather ideas and for support and
implementation of various CE programming or training (as well as seek to, in creative ways,
enlarge the scope of Christian Education at the church)
· Prepare, further develop and work within an annual CE budget.
· Work closely with pastors and Children’s Director.
· Programing would support Wesleyan theology and the United Methodist Church.
Office hours: to be determined; 15-20 hours per week
Attend Staff meetings each Tuesday at 9:00am
Attend and offer a report at the bi-monthly Administrative Council meeting.
Education: A bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis on Christian Education, Leadership, or Christian Formation and/or Church experience. We are looking for a person to be a team player, creative and enjoys people. Good communication
skills is a must.
Supervisor: Senior pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Team.