Marketplace Chaplains USA
2001 W. Plano Parkway, Suite 3200
Plano, TX 75075
Part -Time Position
This position will provide administrative support to the Director of Training and to the office of the President for Marketplace Chaplains USA.
Requirements of this position are ministerial in nature as the person fulfilling this role will be:
- Serving Marketplace Chaplains as a messenger and conveyor of its faith, mission, and purpose, as expressed in Marketplace Chaplains’ Mission Statements and Articles of Faith which are incorporated herein by reference as if fully set forth herein. This
position ministers to and encourages existing Chaplains, and other ministry personnel.
- Representing Christ as a visible witness to the beliefs embodied by Marketplace Chaplains, as outlined in Marketplace Chaplains’ Articles of Faith and Standards of Conduct, which are incorporated herein by reference as if fully set forth herein.
- Interacting with new hires and the community in a manner that exhibits Christ-character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines, as an ambassador of faith in Christ.
Significant and Specific Duties of the position include:
- Provide direct and personal support for the President of Marketplace Chaplains USA as needed
- Responsible for reviewing, prioritizing and categorizing electronic correspondence
- Proofread and edit documents
- Work with Training Department presenters in scheduling online training sessions using GoToMeeting and/or GoToWebinar.
- Process registrations for chaplain training classes and provide a variety of communications (e.g., emails and attachments) to training participants.
- Use New Chaplain Training Certification log (Excel spreadsheet) to track the multiple steps in new chaplain and chaplain leader certification.
- Make data entry of training class completion into the Chaplain Care System (CCS)
- Prepare training certificates, obtain appropriate signatures and distribute for presentation.
- Occasionally prepare and mail training guides and materials to participants.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include periodic support as needed for other departments within Marketplace Chaplains, including cross training for various skills and tasks.
- Agreement and adherence to all Marketplace Chaplains’ Articles of Faith, Mission Statement, and Standards of Conduct, which outline beliefs and conduct that we believe are required to perpetuate and exhibit our stated faith.
- A commitment to, and demonstration of, Christian living, philosophy of life, and belief in Christ and his teachings, in accordance with Marketplace Chaplains’ Articles of Faith and Standards of Conduct and to be publically and privately supportive of the
- High attention to detail and organization
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and a high proficiency level in Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and disseminate confidential information in a timely and productive manner
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks with limited supervision
- Conduct or views that offend or oppose the precepts of the faith as outlined in Marketplace Chaplains Articles of Faith, Standards of Conduct and Mission Statement.
- Fostering, repeating, advertising, or disseminating views, messages, or statements that conflict with Marketplace Chaplains’ declared mission and beliefs, as doing so will damage the testimony, mission, and goals of Marketplace Chaplains.
| NOTE: Marketplace Chaplains USA is a non-profit religious organization that provides an employee care service to businesses through the ministerial services of Christian Chaplains. All administrative personnel provide support for the ministerial staff
in the context of the Christian faith. Therefore, in addition to the specifications listed above, personal understanding and observance of the Christian faith are essential qualifications for the position. This is essential because Marketplace Chaplains instructs,
supervises, and provides a moral example for members and non-members alike, particularly as all staff conveys Marketplace Chaplains’ religious message and carries out its mission. All staff members play a critical role in the culture and traditions of Marketplace
Chaplains by cultivating and transmitting shared ideals and beliefs, thereby fostering a religious environment that propagates Marketplace Chaplains’ beliefs by joining in a common ministerial endeavor. Marketplace Chaplains places its faith in the hands
of its ministers, administrators, officers, employees, and volunteers. Marketplace Chaplains remains committed to living out its faith through its work, because it demonstrates its faith through life, deed, word, and sign; its Christian witness is integrated
into and communicated through all that it does.