Director of Christian Education and Children’s Ministry
Providence Presbyterian Church, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Providence Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time Director of Christian Education and Youth Ministry, responsible for the creation, development, implementation and continued support of a comprehensive Christian Education program
that provides a biblical foundation of faith for all congregants of all ages. This position will also supervise the Youth Advisor and handle administration for the youth program.
This position reports directly to the Head of Staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build from the ground up and be directly responsible for delivery and day to day operations of a vertically aligned Christian Education Program for all ages, from pre-school through adult discipleship, including researching, developing and acquiring curriculum
and course resources. This program is envisioned as reaching out and engaging Providence members on not only Sunday mornings but also through a variety of weekday and evening small group, fellowship, and discipleship opportunities.
- Recruit, supervise and provide ongoing training for all staff and volunteers who serve in Christian Education, including volunteers in the nursery.
- Develop, source and distribute all necessary materials and resources to execute the Ministry Plan for Children’s Ministry as identified by the Session.
- Effectively communicate with students, volunteers, parents, and church staff.
- Work with the Adult Discipleship, Youth Advisor, and Evangelism and Fellowship to assist with providing content and administrative support for their programs.
- Ensure that communication via the church website, Sunday bulletins, newsletters, church bulletin boards, emails and other social media are updated and handled in a professional and timely manner
- Supervise and support the activities of the Youth Advisor by handling all logistical support and material needs of the youth program so that the Youth Advisor is free to focus on interaction with the Youth.
- Create, present and manage the approved Christian Education budget
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Required Experience and Skills:
A love of the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to share it with everyone.
A Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Christian Education or other educational area. Advance degree candidates will be favorably considered.
Skills in recruitment, leadership, teaching, equipping, delegating, organization, administration. Must relate well to children, young adults and their families.
The primary workplace will be at Providence Presbyterian Church. Occasional travel to other locations or events may be required. Light lifting, less than fifty pounds, bending, sitting, standing, and other physical activities commonly experienced when working
with children are required.
We offer a very competitive package of salary and benefits, which is negotiable based upon training and experience.
Providence Presbyterian Church, a PCUSA church is a conservative, evangelical and biblically pure church and a member of the Fellowship of Churches. Founded in 1986 by Reverend Jerry Mills and his little band of believers, Providence today is a vibrant
church located on a beautiful twenty-seven acre campus on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Providence is blessed with an active congregation, dedicated leaders, and a gifted staff committed to our church’s core values, and our declared mission, To cause
God Joy !