Holy Cross Church is in Northwest Tucson, Arizona. We are seeking a qualified and committed worship director to skillfully combine the message of the gospel with music, thereby motivating the church to magnify God’s glory, live as God’s people, and engage
in God’s mission. In our worship, we desire to:
1. Turn our affection towards the gospel
2. Proclaim God’s great works and character
3. Respond to God with delight and obedience
Our atmosphere is relaxed, yet intentional. Our age demographic is mainly between 30-50 years old. Sunday attendance is 130 adults / 40 kids. Young career and young family. We place a high value on the Scriptures and desire to communicate the Gospel in
ways our culture can understand. Holy Cross has become a place where non-Christians, new Christians, and mature Christians can come together in authentic community.
The worship director should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and agree on the essential core beliefs of Holy Cross Church (available on website). The worship director should be competent to lead in music and ministry.
Qualities we desire in an ideal worship leader are:
- Able to shepherd - guide and encourage the different talents within the worship team, and to do so in a sensitive and pastoral way.
- Spiritually mature - able to articulate their beliefs with reasonable comfort and explain the gospel and how it applies to worship and faith.
- Musically skilled - able to arrange contemporary music, including contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns.
The complete scheduling and preparations for Sunday morning worship, including: (11 hours)
- Selecting songs for Sunday worship.
- Rehearsing with worship team.
- Selecting and building worship team, training/coaching as needed.
- Plan special and seasonal programs, as needed.
Oversee sound and video equipment and volunteers, responsible for training and recruiting. (2 hours)
Weekly communication and team meeting/coaching with pastor. (2 hours)
Worship director will be accountable to the lead pastor.
As with any leadership position, this role comes with great responsibility. Therefore, we expect the worship director to:
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God.
- Be above reproach in thought, word, and deed.
- Love, pursue, and pray for the community of Holy Cross.
- Invest in your personal development as a worship leader as it relates to leadership and worship philosophy.
This is a part-time position with a base salary that may increase according to experience, education, and/or additional skills or responsibilities not listed in this description. Responsibilities and position may increase as church continues to grow.
- Base Salary $250 per week ($13,000/year)
- Hours 15 hrs per week
- Responsibility, hours, and salary negotiable depending on experience and competency.
Send resumé, cover letter, and photo to email@example.com Church website: holycrosstucson.com