Full-time, live-in houseparent’s are needed for Christian residential child care program at the Sabbath Day Children’s Ministries home. This position includes working to help fulfill our mission of rearing children in a safe and loving Christian environment, providing an atmosphere of intellectual, emotional, physical & spiritual growth. Married couples typically are hired as the primary house parents in each house; couples and singles may work as relief workers. Houseparent’s cannot have minor children. All of our house parents live full-time at our locations 3 to 5 days a week where they are involved in the physical, spiritual, emotional and educational development of underprivileged/at-risk children ages 6-18.
House parents will be supported by other staff and volunteers. It is our goal that house parents do not feel overwhelmed. A Shift would be 3 to 5 days per week and then 3 to 5 days off where the House Parents would be relieved to go back to their own home for time off. This position is responsible for the overall housing, safety, meals, and well-being of the children. House parents are required to reside in the Sabbath Day Children’s Ministry home for the shift duration. House parents will be active and responsible for providing healthy choices and speaking God's word over the children who live here.
- Must be in good health as certified by a physician within 30 days of hire.
- Must have the physical ability to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Must hold a currently valid qualification in first aid and CPR or complete the requirements within 30 days of hire.
- At least 1-year of direct care/support experience required. Previous experience as house parent or foster parent preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers (email, Microsoft Word, etc.)
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Current AZ Driver’s License with no mpre than 2 moving violations in a one year period
- Drug testing, good driving record & criminal history background check are required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Church of Faith & Works, Inc
Church of Faith & Works, Inc. is a youth ministry whose focus is to develop true disciples of Christ by working with the youth throughout the Valley. Our current focus is to develop group homes for youth in the Child Welfare system and provide them with a spiritually sound and supportive environment.More...