We’re looking for someone whom God has called and anointed to lead others to the feet of Jesus in authentic worship through live events, recordings and personal interaction in a full-time capacity. We want to grow as a church of regional, national and international impact, and we are looking for a gifted worship leader to help us achieve what we believe God has placed on our hearts.
The right person will have a passion for God and a desire to help lead our worship ministry and teams under the supervision of our Executive Worship Arts Pastor and Lead Pastor.
The right person will help oversee the recruitment and assist in the training of our worship volunteers, and provide input with the worship arts staff and volunteer teams in all areas that help enhance a Spirit led atmosphere of worship so that our people consistently encounter and respond to God deeply, with as few distractions as possible.
The right person will be a surrendered worshipper of Jesus Christ, with musical skills and godly character that enable you to lead audiences in surrendered worship in our large worship gatherings on Sundays and at other times and venues as well.
The right person will demonstrate both professional and personal excellence and be characterized by staying focused on the ministry goals and directives as communicated by the Lead Pastor and Executive Worship Arts Pastor. You must have a positive attitude, be led by the Spirit of God, and be a source of encouragement for people involved in our worship arts ministry and throughout our church.
God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Over 500 people accepted Christ through our ministries last year alone, and hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. Our Worship Leader will work under the direct supervision of our Executive Worship Arts Pastor, whose heart is fully aligned with our Lead Pastor. Both of these men have a passion to see people released into worship like never before. You must share this passion. You must have a burning desire to leave an eternal legacy that greatly glorifies God by prioritizing the Great Commission in ways that bring Jesus Christ honor and glory.
Your other ministry leaders, tech teammates and musicians must respect you, find you reliable and see that you walk with Jesus Christ. You must be able to maintain confidentiality, and refrain from gossip, showing yourself to be spiritually mature and above reproach, demonstrating trustworthiness.
You will need to know how to prevent conflict through good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways should it arise.
You will help organize and manage the worship ministry, including involvement in the interviewing, and training of potential musicians.
You will meet on a regular basis with ministry leaders (sometimes with Executive Worship Pastor) for prayer and ministry discussion/evaluation for your input on continuing to move ministry forward for the glory of God. You will meet on a regular basis with ministry leaders (sometimes with Executive Worship Pastor) for prayer and ministry discussion/evaluation for your input on continuing to move ministry forward for the glory of God.
LEADING WORSHIP The right person will be chosen for this position because you demonstrate a passion for Jesus Christ, and a life surrendered to Him, have obvious musical skills, song writing talent and an ability to do more than simply lead songs or bands but to truly be a spiritual environmentalist leading your teams and the church into the undeniable presence of God.
SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP You must demonstrate that you’re not only able to lead and inspire, but also serve with a submissive and joyful heart under those God has placed over you, including, most directly, the Executive Worship Arts Pastor and Lead Pastor. You would recognize that you represent the Lord and them, as your ministry and job overseers, in all you do and say. You must be committed not only to your own walk with God but also concerned and intentional about knowing and caring about the walk of God of those on the team.
AUDIO/TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD ASSISTANCE Our music worship and audio/technical ministries are interwoven. Accordingly, you will work in conjunction with our Audio/Visual Team Lead to ensure we successfully integrate our audio and visual needs to enhance our worship gatherings. You will work together to ensure audio/visual needs enhance our gatherings so that Jesus is exalted without distraction.
PERSONAL SPIRITUAL COMMITMENT You must walk with God, and be a daily student of the Bible and intentionally putting its teachings into action. You must have a good reputation outside the church as well. You must be an example of a person whose life is exemplary of pursuing Christ.
- You must possess personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going;
- You must agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, Doctrinal Statement and what we’ve written in the Culture of Grace;
- You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if married and applicable);
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes in the performance of your duties and ministry;
- You must be a godly and effective representative of Jesus Christ, Grace Fellowship and the Worship Arts Ministries as you live your life and fulfill your ministry before the Lord.
- Assist in recruitment and training of those involved in worship ministry.
- Be main leader of worship weekly along with utilizing volunteer leaders.
- Assist worship leaders in planning worship sets.
- Continually write new songs unto the Lord to have local, regional, national and international impact for the glory of God.
- Keep the worship teams in a state of “readiness” as the Spirit of God leads through you or as the Lead Pastor may direct.
- Work with the AV Lead in creating and producing arrangements and sound that truly enhances the worship environment.
- Be responsible to lead worship band for MEN’S INTENSE gatherings.
- Work with Executive Worship Arts Pastor to put together special events and programs as planned throughout each year.
- Assist Executive Worship Arts Pastor in planning and implementing monthly leadership meetings, training events, etc.
- Assist the AV Lead with audio needs for Sunday morning and other events, rehearsals and practices, church-wide.
- Assist other ministries with audio requests as needed and directed by the Executive Worship Arts Pastor.
- Participate in weekly (and other called) meetings with Worship Arts Staff.
- Be committed to CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) personally and for those in your specific area of worship ministry. We should never be satisfied where we are in our progress but always seek to improve our skills before the Lord (Exodus 28:3,15; 35:10, 25; 39:3,8; 1 Samuel 16:16-18; 1 Chronicles 25:6-7; 2 Chronicles 26:15; Proverbs 22:29; Psalm 33; Colossians 3:23-24).
Your Next Steps
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) ministry references who have at least twelve (12) months first-hand knowledge of your experience as a Worship Leader and/or Worship Pastor. References that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. We will not contact these references without your permission, and will only do so if we pursue your candidacy with us. We take your privacy seriously and will honor it.
- Provide video footage demonstrating your leading worship in a live setting.
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship CoordinatorWaushara Community Church
- Wautoma, Wisconsin
- October 25
Music Director / Worship LeaderNorthside Christian Church
- Fresno, California
- October 24
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Our Vision is simple: help people around the world love and pursue God deeply, beginning right here, in York, Pennsylvania. We envision ourselves being a group of people who have local, national and global impact for the glory of God. We simply want to love and serve Him and one another in ways that really matter in light of eternity. Part of our vision is to be the smallest large church you've ever been part of. This means that we place a high priority on the quality of relationships we have with one another. People matter to God. People matte More...