Executive Pastor - Ministries
This Executive Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor of North Metro Church and serves in managing and developing the Ministry Lead staff. This person would be a pastor of pastors and assist the Lead Pastor and work alongside the Executive Pastor of Administration
in executing vision through the strategic ministries of North Metro Church.
1. Coaching and Staff Development:
- Develop a world- class ministry team that is growing both professionally and personally that flows out of a secure identity in Christ.
- Focus on three vital areas. Ministry Habits, Emotional Health, Spiritual Heart. This can be accomplished through 1x1 time, staff meetings, and other events that make deposits in these areas.
- Work with Executive team (Lead Pastor & Executive Pastor of Administration) to foster a healthy staff culture based on trust and mutual submission.
- Manage the Ministry Lead team, with input form the Executive Pastor of Administration and the Personnel Team.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to ministry leads.
- Help Ministry Leads integrate the NMC vision, values, mission, language, strategy and tactics into their ministry plans.
- Report regularly and timely to Lead Pastor.
- Observe ministry environments on a regular basis (i.e. Children’s, Middle School, Students, College, etc.)
2. Spiritual Growth Strategy:
- Serve on the NMC teaching team.
- Develop and help to maintain a comprehensive Spiritual Growth Strategy that is Simple, Sticky and Strategic for NMC.
- Help monitor the pulse of the church
i. Heart Data (Atmosphere, Attitudes, Energy, Environment, Maturity, Momentum, etc.)
ii. Hard Data (Visitors, Conversions, Baptisms, Ministry Involvement, Small Group
Involvement, Tablesetter involvement, Attendance, etc.)
3. Ministry Alignment:
- Champion the vision of North Metro Church through the coordination of strategic initiatives across ministry teams for integration and effectiveness.
- Constant evaluation that ministry plans are efficient, effective, strategic and are in alignment with the overall Values, Vision, Mission, and Strategy of NMC.
- Help locate ministry gaps where necessary ministries need to be created and resourced.
4. Recruitment Strategy & Ministry Training:
- Help ministries develop a Tablesetter (volunteer) recruitment and training strategy for their specific ministries which dovetails with overarching NMC needs.
- Assist the ministry leads in developing attractive culture, best practices and common language for Tablesetters.
5. Executive Leadership:
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team at the direction of Lead Pastor, assisting with the overall strategic management of NMC.
- Serve NMC on various special projects as needed and based on skills and experience.
- North Metro Church Pastor: Pastor on Call, Weddings, Funerals, Spiritual Counseling, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the ministry and how it works in concert across NMC through the various delivery channels.
- Able to work well under the vision of the Lead Pastor and then manage the freedom needed to lead according to his own personality and style.
- Earns trust and respect of Co-Laborers, able to listen and understand with authenticity and successfully manage conflict as it arises.
- Excels as a coach, shepherd, and manager of other Pastors.
- Exhibits servant leadership and intense work ethic, demonstrate an ownership mentality.
- Models the ministry of NMC within the context of his family, the NMC staff, leadership, congregation, the community and the nations.
The person who fills this position will have the following characteristics:
- Confidence that flows from humility and Identity in Christ
- Dependent upon the Holy Spirit
- Strong knowledge of Scripture and a sound theological background in accordance with NMC beliefs and values.
- Strong leadership ability and a solid understanding of organizational structure, ability to execute vision, must be very comfortable with secondary authority
- Team Player/Builder/Leader able to navigate and address conflict well
- High EQ & High Intuition – ability to understand the person, see underlying issues, and draw the best out of people
- Proven track record of leadership in ministry, teaching, and influence
- Self-Initiating, driven and high capacity
- Sound organizational skills
This position, like all positions at North Metro Church would operate within our staff norms as stated below:
- We resolve conflict immediately and directly?
- We choose trust over suspicion?
- We are public fans and private critics?
- We protect information unless otherwise stated
- We work with Integrity, Leadership, Stewardship, and Productivity