Dublin Baptist Church, a member of The State Convention of Baptists in Ohio, is seeking a Youth Minister. We are a spiritual family of all ages and various backgrounds, unified through our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. As a family, our vision is to
magnify God, mature disciples, minister to others, and multiply believers. Our beliefs can be found at the above website under the About Us tab. Dublin Baptist’s average Sunday morning attendance is approximately 700 with 50 to 75 youth from 6th grade through
senior year in High School, served by 30 volunteers assisting in Sunday School, Wednesday nights and as teachers in small bible study groups.
The Youth Minister currently oversees all aspects of the Youth Ministry including Sunday school, Youth Bible Study, Retreats, and Youth Camps, as well as, connect to our College Student Ministry.
The selected candidate would facilitate, direct and implement their vision for the Youth Ministry, working with the DBC Ministerial Staff.
The successful and God led candidate should possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- A strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passionate calling to a Youth Ministry and to see families grow in God
- A proven track record in full time balanced ministry to youth
- Ability to teach and provide in-depth discipleship for youth
- Ability in recruiting volunteers and developing a team of lay volunteers for the youth and college ministry
- Ability to develop, articulate and implement a vision for the youth ministry
- A formal education with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Is in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message
- Ability to provide opportunities to equip parents of youth
- Ability to collaborate with church staff to support and fulfill the overall vision and ministry of Dublin Baptist Church
- Ability to engage youth in service projects and missions
- Ability to cultivate in youth increasingly committed participation through a proven discipleship process
- Ability to communicate with youth and parents with authenticity, authority, passion and effectiveness
- Ability to work through challenges and difficulties
- Ability in administering a ministry budget
Additional characteristics and qualities that are preferred are:
- Seminary Degree
- Ordained and participate in pastoral duties
- Minimum of 10 years full-time experience in Youth Ministry or a related field
- Ability to facilitate the musical portions of youth worship (e.g. sing/play an instrument)
- Technologically proficient (basic knowledge of sound systems, office software, etc.)
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing education related to Youth Ministry
- Experience in youth counseling
Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U. S. Mail to the address above attention Youth Ministry Search Committee. No phone calls accepted, only email or U.S. Mail.
Contacts: Youth Ministry Search Committee