- The worship leader is someone who works in a team environment with other staff members, lay leaders and volunteers to fulfill our purpose statement of: “Sharing God’s love in our communities by reaching out and building up.” The worship leader
is someone who through servant leadership will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the corporate worship needs of the church.
All qualified applicants shall:
- Be able to attract, train and deploy people within the body of Mt. Tabor to support the worship ministry needs of the church
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Be able to demonstrate a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be able to clearly articulate a calling to this type of ministry
- Education / Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required and two or more years of college is preferred
- Have theological beliefs consistent with the Churches of God General Conference – See the publication “We Believe” for more information
- Minimum of 2 years leading a worship ministry (or qualified worship degree), experienced in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians, and recruiting volunteers in all areas of worship ministry
- Be familiar with and able to use computers, projectors and worship software such as Media Shout or Proclaim
- Plan the corporate worship services of Mount Tabor in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and the Worship and Evangelism Commission while seeking new ways to bring the congregation to communion with God through music and various art forms
- Competencies: (skills and personal characteristics that an individual should possess in order to be successful in this position)
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing
- Be able to sing well enough for people to say, “Wow, they can really sing.”
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Life-long learner
- General responsibilities
- Lead the community in worship during both of our worship services
- Heritage ~ traditional worship
- Encounter ~ modern experiential worship
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary
- Ensure each worship service is led following the Spirit’s leading so the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence
- Be able create energy in a room of worshipers by sensing and reacting to the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Continue to evolve the worship experience with sensitivity to the Spirit’s leading
- General responsibilities continued
- Assist/enable the musical and spiritual growth of the praise team and their understanding of worship
- Mentor praise team members one-on-one as opportunities arise
- Lead each rehearsal with a devotion and prayer
- Provide a “set list” far enough in advance to allow for individual practice
- Train and nurture team members while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the arts for worship
- Be clearly committed to ongoing personal growth and development of new music
- Introduce the praise team to newer music selections
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develops
- Maintaining strict confidentially of all church matters and membership affairs
- Please Note: The statements found in this job description are meant to describe the overall general nature and level of the work performed by an employee functioning in this position. The tasks, duties, responsibilities, functions, skills, talents, etc.
outlined in the description is not an exhaustive list and should not be construed as such.
- This is a part-time position approximately 15 - 20 hours per week.
- Preparatory work needs to be completed in advanced for the worship services that take place during time off.