Trinity Church is looking for a full time pastor who has a passion for Christ’s church, the gift of leadership, and the ability to lead music. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader
who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. The worship pastor is an equipper who will train people to do ministry as effectively as he/she can do the ministry. This position is a pastoral
one that therefore requires the individual to serve first as a shepherd and minister of the gospel, and second as a musical or performing arts director.
Trinity Church is located in Sunnyvale, CA. We are at the heart of Silicon Valley which consistently rates as one of the top ten least churched areas in the United States. It is a beautiful, expensive, and spiritually dry place to live and minister. The
Bay Area is more like Corinth than Jerusalem, and needs a unique ministry approach for the gospel to thrive.
Our church is non-denominational with Baptist roots. On the main theological issues we are conservative, but we have an equal commitment to grace as we do to truth. We have a contemporary approach to ministry while still honoring that which preceded us.
Our goal as a church isn’t to just grow Trinity Church, but to grow the overall church of Jesus. The main gathering is important to us, but we try to work just as hard on the discipleship groups that meet throughout the week.
Our Lead Pastor, Joel King is 45 years old and has a doctoral degree in ministry from Western Seminary. He has been in vocational ministry for 20 years serving in multiple capacities and church sizes. He has been at Trinity Church for the last 4 years
leading the church towards a discipleship focus.
This is a fulltime position with health, dental, and retirement benefits. The position’s salary will be determined based upon the individual’s experience, education, and spiritual maturity. Though we are looking for an experienced and well-rounded candidate,
we are open to candidates that might need to grow into the position or temporarily fill the position in preparation for church planting. In order to learn more about us, look us up on the web at
www.svtrinity.org. To contact us you may call us at 408-739-6659 or email us at
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of Trinity Church.
- Committed to the personal discipleship and the equipping of the saints
- A pastor as well as a passionate worship leader. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the body and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a diverse church in worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter who is self-motivated
- A team player with a positive attitude.