Our Mission is to bring people closer to God and one another. Our Vision is to be a vibrant, inclusive, progressive community of faith that transforms lives and transforms the world. We are a spiritually and sexually diverse community who is fully awake to God’s enduring love.
We are seeking a full-time (exempt) individual who:
- Believes in a God who is concerned with every human being personally and accepts each one with unconditional love.
- Affirms each individual as a unique and gifted creation of God and celebrates diversity in sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity.
- Is fully engaged in their own spiritual growth and with others on their spiritual journey to hope, healing and wholeness.
- Has a desire to help people become engaged in our mission and ministries by discovering their gifts and developing their strengths.
- Has a commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Community, Spiritual Transformation, and Justice including the use of inclusive language (sung & spoken).
- Has high-energy yet is humble, discerning and passionate about creative and artistic ministry (that inspires people toward God).
- Possesses integrity, character and has clear boundaries.
- (Using their creative talents) Will direct the choir and be the leader and mentor to musicians, vocalists and other worship arts volunteers including multimedia, sound & lighting.
- Works well with others and able to organize and mobilize volunteer ministers.
- Is technically-minded, leadership-focused, and looking to work in a team environment.
- Bringing the intangible spark to ignite the congregation toward creativity and connectivity with God.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Theology of The Met Church: Please click the following link to see our “Who We Are” document. (http://storage.cloversites.com/themetropolitancommunitychurchofsandiego/documents/MCCSD%20Brochure%2020141215%20Final.pdf)
- Oversee Worship & Creative Arts for 2 weekly Sunday morning services, and occasional special services.
- Provide excellent blended worship for our multicultural and multidenominational congregation, offering spiritual nourishment by weaving word, song, and other worship arts into uplifting worship experience, drawing from the whole spectrum of worship styles – from classical to contemporary, from high church to high energy, from sound to silence, from tears to laughter.
- Participate in overall duties as part of ministry team including weekly staff meetings.
- Weekly responsibilities as needed in other areas.
- Primary Worship Leader and Chief Musician
- Collaborate with pastor and other presenters toward a unified vision and message for the Sunday Experience.
- Raise the level of excellence of the Sunday music experience.
- Assist with planning and execution of services and experiences including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression.
- Rehearse and direct the choir, choose music and inclusify it.
- Develop Worship and Creative Arts Teams
- Work closely with the pastor to develop themes and integrate the various creative elements into a cohesive message that supports the sermon series and other vital areas of church life.
- Identify, recruit, train and encourage the team leaders and volunteers.
- Grow the choir and music ministry.
- Able to plan and budget for your areas of responsibility.
- Oversee Technical Ministries
- Supervise maintenance and acquisition of music and technology equipment.
- Ensure communication and coordination for the Sunday Experience including overseeing multimedia.
- Recruit, train and schedule weekly special music numbers (offertory), sound booth operators, altar set-up & tear-down, and communion servers.
Education & Experience
- Experience as a Worship/Creative Arts director
- Success in the Worship/Creative Arts area
- Higher Education in the area of music desired
- Theologically aligned with our Guiding Documents (see attached)
Gifts & Abilities:
- Ministry Heart
- Inspirational leader who is humble and Spirit-led
- Grounded in progressive Christian theology
- Understands Team Ministry
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Detail-oriented and task-focused
- Tenacious and resourceful
- Able to implement creative vision
- Confidently manage lay leaders, teams, and other volunteers
- Read music and/or charts
- Proficient in sound systems
- Proficient in multi-media
- Working knowledge of lighting systems
- Strong interest in overall worship design
Dan Koeshall, Senior Pastor
A complete application should include:
- Cover Letter
- Salary history or salary expectations
- Links to samples of your work (YouTube or other)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Campus Worship Leader - part-timeMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 17
Director of Praise and Worship MusicWeddington United Methodist
- Weddington, North Carolina
- January 17
Traditional Music DirectorRidge United Methodist Church
- Munster, Indiana
- January 17
PRAISE & WORSHIP LEADEREnglewood Christian Assembly of God
- Englewood, Ohio
- January 16