The Student Pastor is responsible for leading the student ministry in a ‘Whatever It Takes’ (WIT) mentality in accomplishing the church’s vision by: encouraging students to pursue and experience a life-transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, that it
ends up transforming the world around them. This includes Biblical gospel-centered preaching/teaching to students, promoting spiritual growth, reaching unchurched students in Allen County, and equipping students to serve and share their faith.
Lima Baptist Temple is located in Lima, Ohio, which has a population of 38,000. The church averages 550-650 on Sundays, which offers a blended worship service, and includes 50-60 Middle & High School students.
STUDENT PASTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be a licensed or ordained minister.
- Meet the qualifications of a pastor as stated in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Bachelor or higher degree in religion, youth, communications, or closely related field.
- At least 3 years of experience leading a student ministry is preferred, but not required.
- A passion for Students, their relationship with Christ and with others.
- Function effectively as a member of the pastoral staff team, providing creative input in the plans and ideas of team members.
- Proven leadership ability, high level of motivation, and accountability.
- Excellent management and organizational skills, along with managing large and small student groups to promote the best environment for learning and acceptance.
- Ability to work well with ministry leaders.
- Communicates well with others (students, parents, staff).
STUDENT PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement a vision, goals, and overall strategy for the student ministry.
- Oversee all programming for Sunday morning groups, Wednesday nights for Middle School and High School, special student activities, camps, retreats, community service projects, mission trips, etc…
- Mentor and disciple students.
- Communicate effectively and on a regular basis with students, parents/guardians, and church, using all available resources (email, website, social media, bulletin, newsletter, etc.).
- Provide resources to parents and connect with them to help nurture the spiritual growth of students at home.
- Recruit and equip volunteers who work with students and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to student ratios.
- Build relationships with students through our Christian School at TCS and with students attending other schools.
- Establish a balanced weekly schedule: family, Sunday and Wednesday programs, visiting in schools, attending school games and extracurricular activities, special events, visitation, times of crisis, office hours, etc…
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to students and student ministries.
- Plan and oversee the Student Ministry budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.