The purpose of the Director of Children’s Ministry is to lead the spiritual formation process for the children at Harmony Hill, a growing church with over 1,100 in average Sunday attendance. The Children’s Director reports to the Family Life Pastor and
should work with him to refine and carry out the vision for Family Ministries at Harmony Hill.
The passion with which this process is carried out is best exemplified in the following verses of Scripture.
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might;” –
“Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” –
1 Corinthians 10:31.
- Be able to express a personal salvation experience of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education/Development preferred but not required, or equivalent experience in Children’s Ministry.
- At least 3 years of experience leading a Children’s Ministry of 100+ children preferred, but not required.
- Possess a vision for the Children’s Ministry sufficient to position Harmony Hill as a leader in this arena, rather than follow the models of other churches. Components from others churches that are successful may be leveraged, but the environment created
here should be uniquely Harmony Hill.
The responsibility of the Children’s Director is to oversee all programs for nursery, preschool, and elementary children so that each activity supports parents with their responsibility of leading their children to Jesus.
- RECRUIT: Coordinate the recruitment of all volunteers in the children’s ministry.
- SCHEDULE: Schedule volunteers for Sundays and Wednesdays.
- TEACH: Teach big-group time with others; plan the ordering of any and all supplies and curriculum needed in the ministries.
- TRAIN: Assist in and/or lead training opportunities for volunteers and/or parents.
- PROTECT: Ensure that Safe Kids Policies are up-to-date and provide the safest experience possible for children and families; lead team in enforcing these polices.
- MAINTAIN: Ensure fun, uncluttered, organized and professional appearance of facilities.
- LEAD: Manage/oversee Sunday and Wednesday directors, paid workers and volunteers.
- MINISTRY: Assist with visiting newborns, children, or parents who are hospitalized.
- OUTREACH: Assist with outreach and follow-up to families who visit our church; lead or assist with KIDS 101 class for parents and children to learn about salvation and baptism.
- EVENTS: Lead teams overseeing Vacation Bible School, Children's Camp, and other church events involving children.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org