Christ United Methodist Church in Roswell, Georgia, has an immediate opening for a
Children and Youth Director. We are a place of belonging and a community of faith that is focused on the truth of God’s Word. We are inspired to reach out to friends, families, and the community; excited to welcome all into a family
of believers. We are growing together by sharing the love, peace and grace of our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through worship, loving, learning and laughter. Our congregation welcomes all people regardless of race, sex, or history in to our extended
family – just as God welcomes all believers into His family by His grace. We have inspiring, engaging, and friendly worship services that motivate us to seek, serve, encourage, challenge, and love one another. We are family focused and provide a safe and
inspiring place for Christian growth where families grow closer to God and each other through programs to motivate and fulfill all ages.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The goal of this part-time position is to create the opportunity for children and youth to grow in their relationship with God, their knowledge of scripture, and their connection to the broader congregation in a fun and exciting environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop ministries for children and youth
- Create opportunities for children and youth to grow in their relationship with God, their knowledge of scripture, and their connection to the broader congregation in a fun and exciting environment.
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and lead regular activities of spiritual development, Biblical education and recreation for children grades 9 - 12.
- Lead/recruit leadership for older elementary/middle Sunday school, "God Squad"
grades 5 - 8.
- Support and equip existing lay led programs such as Children's Sunday School, Children's Church and Nursery.
- Plan and lead retreats for children and youth
- Work with leadership in children and youth ministries to continually find ways to grow.
- Ensure that all programs and activities comply with the CUMC Safe Sanctuaries policy.
- Attend Sunday morning worship and monthly Administrative Council meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Applicant must be a strong Christian with a growing faith who loves children and youth, and will help them to develop a strong foundation in faith. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age and have a driver’s license. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Students in theological or ministry studies welcome. The successful applicant will be required to take the Safe Sanctuaries Training and complete a background check.
Applicant will have strong planning, organizational, leadership and communication skills as well as relatability with youth and children.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to the church email - firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for considering our important position.