If you have a video of yourself teaching, please include that with your resume.
Rockharbor Church is located in a suburb of Boise, Idaho called Meridian. It is the second largest city in the state, the fastest growing city, and the largest school district. Meridian is an incredible place to live for many reasons. In fact, in many recent
reports it is listed as a top 5 place to live, work, and raise a family.
Rockharbor is 31/2 years old and we have experienced God-sized growth averaging 1400 people. We have an incredible Children's Ministry. We average between 350-400 birth-5th graders each Sunday.
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the RKidz Ministry staff and volunteer teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to RKidz.
Specific List of Responsibilities (Position may include additional functions not listed*):
- Oversee all volunteers and any paid staff in each of the RKIDZ Ministries
- Drive RKIDZ ministry to match Rockharbor’s core values.
- Create excellent environments for preschoolers and elementary children on Sunday morning by constant evaluation and systematic improvements.
- The Children’s Director will be a leader of leaders. They will not do all the work, but lead the people doing the work. (Ex. Will not make copies, but lead volunteers who will do that)
- Recruit, train, empower, and evaluate Children’s Ministry Volunteers. This should be part of the weekly schedule. Champion finding new volunteers.
- A working knowledge of Orange Family Ministries.
- Create and run different family functions throughout the year with the goal of connecting families with volunteers and each other. These will include but not be limited to child dedications, child baptism classes, Family Fx events
- Will need to have working knowledge of our child check in system.
- Meet regularly with the Middle School and High School Director to ensure unity of vision.
- Will foster Volunteer relationships Hang out with volunteers (Coffee, phone, email, facebook, have them over, etc.) Connect them with other volunteers in children’s ministry so there is connection. Encourage and thank volunteers.
- Parent Communication. Weekly communication with parents. (Email, phone calls, letters, etc.) Parents should get some type of touch every week.
- Monthly Training/Leadership Vision Casting- It could be meetings, email, etc. Small Group Leaders, Large Group Leaders, and other volunteers
- Curriculum Development - Over curriculum maximization. Maximize the curriculum to have an
Orange Philosophy with the parents.
- Vision casting for kids events. If there are any extra Children’s events, the Children’s director would oversee the volunteers and lead the event.
- Community Involvement when dealing with the children’s ministry.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate children’s ministry volunteers.
- Lead Creative Team for Children’s Ministry.
- Gives oversight to overall children’s ministry budget.