Director of Music Ministries
Greensboro First United Methodist Church
Greensboro First United Methodist Church is a growing, dual campus church located in Georgia's lake country. Our Broad Street Campus, in historic downtown Greensboro, includes our 100 year-old sanctuary. Our Carey Station campus, completed in 2009, is located
near our lake communities. Greensboro FUMC staff consists of our senior pastor, associate pastor, ministers to families with children, administrative staff, two pianists, a music intern and many committed volunteers. We have a congregation of approximately
800 members with average attendance at worship 350 to 400. Our congregation consists many talented members including musicians, choir members, bell ringers and pianists. Our style of music worship is predominately traditional but we hope to incorporate more
contemporary music in the future. We have an active music ministry which includes presentations by our choirs and soloists at Sunday services, Easter and Christmas cantatas, and special presentations by our bell choir. Our worship is Christ-centered and music
is an integral part of worship at Greensboro FUMC.
Greensboro FUMC is seeking a qualified, experienced Director of Music Ministries. We desire a full-time director but part-time will be considered. Greensboro FUMC is a growing, dual campus church with many opportunities to create a dynamic, multi-faceted
music ministry. The director of music ministries must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ who chooses to serve God through music ministry at both campuses of Greensboro FUMC.
1. knowledge, training and experience in music ministry and in leadership roles;
2. energy and enthusiasm in leading joyful worship in traditional and contemporary styles;
3. education, experience and proficiency in conducting large and small choral groups of both adults and children, bell choir and orchestral musicians;
4. experience in planning and conducting seasonal cantatas;
5. skills in planning, coordinating and communicating effectively;
6. proficiency in singing, keyboard and/or other musical instruments desired but not required.
1. creating an environment of praise through music;
2. providing excellent leadership in all aspects of music ministry;
3. participating in planning and coordinating the calendar of music presentations at Sunday services and special and seasonal events;
4. coordinating music selections with pastor;
5. scheduling choirs, pianists and other musicians at both campuses;
6. rehearsing and conducting all choirs including distribution of music;
7. conducting congregational singing;
8. communicating effectively with pastoral staff and choir members;
9. identifying, recruiting and integrating talents of congregation, choirs and community to enhance the worship experience through music;
10. reviewing and managing the budget in regard to music ministry;
11. particiipating in upkeep and maintenance of musical instruments;
12. identifying audio needs for singers and instrumentalists.