WORSHIP MINISTRIES and STUDENT MINISTRIES
(Combo - One Full Time or Two Part-Time Positions)*
The Awakening Church is in the beautiful and growing Temecula Valley of Southern California. A ten year old congregation of 200+ in leased facilities with a vision to see people become “Fully Alive in Christ and to His Mission” More information available
- Passionate, growing and evident relationship with Jesus
- Carries a spirit of joy and encouragement in loving others
- Kingdom-minded servant’s heart to be on mission with Christ.
- A heart for worship and ability to publically engage others in worship
- Responsible, self-motivated, creative and catalytic in making things happen
- A team player who strives to mobilized multiple generations within their gift-mix
- Strong relational skills to build team community and network in the community
- A commitment to see people come to personally know Jesus
WORSHIP MINISTRY DIMENSIONS
- Demonstrates a gifted ability to sing and lead vocally
- Experienced in playing one or more instruments (preferably guitar and/or keyboard)
- Plan and execute corporate worship service in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, creative forethought, biblical depth/insight, and musical appropriateness.
- Oversee team scheduling, song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all band and vocal members.
- Lead worship rehearsals, weekly worship and special services throughout the year
- Mentor and develop other worship leaders, band members and technical leaders
- Discover new songs and worship elements to reach today’s generation of believers and seekers
- Basic knowledge in the use of technology, sound, video, lighting, computer programs (i.e. Office Suite, ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, Community Church Builder)
STUDENT MINISTRY DIMENSIONS
- Oversee development of student leadership teams for Middle School and High School Ministries
- Coordinate and lead activities and spiritual formation times for youth on regular basis
- Develop and Initiate an outreach vision for reaching youth in the Temecula Valley
- Ensure students and leaders are equipped and involved on local student campuses
- Integrate student ministries with larger church vision and programming efforts
- Bring pastoral and counseling support to students, parents and families
Salary Range: $34,000 - $38,000 plus health benefits
CONTACT: Email a current resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org , including photo, experience, skill set and education (Bachelor degree preferred). Provide a copy or link to video samples that will give us a picture of your ability (vocal and instrumental) and how you lead worship. (Also,
provide an audio copy or link of a teaching time, if possible). Please include a paragraph of your ministry vision and another on why you think The Awakening could be a good ministry fit and place of God’s leading.
*PLEASE NOTE: Due to scope of responsibilities, this position may be filled by hiring two part-time positions. If interested in a part-time role in either worship or student ministries, then please respond accordingly. Part time
compensation: $15/hr. for 20 hour week.