The High School Pastor should have a passion for ministry to high school students. The position will have possible secondary areas of responsibility according to specific gifts and abilities. The role will have broad freedom, within the culture and vision of Stones Crossing Church, to lead our ministry of students (9th-12th grades) so that youth from central Indiana experience an on-going, life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. The High School Pastor will be responsible to lead a team of youth coaches as well as design an effective strategy for reaching and growing students.
AREAS OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Recruit new volunteers and equip existing coaches/volunteers so that each volunteer is effectively serving to reach and grow high school students in the surrounding communities. Lead regular student ministry coaches’ meetings for visioning, equipping, praying, planning, etc. Conduct an annual volunteer retreat for the purpose of personal development and enrichment, team building, and other areas as needed.
- Raise the value of evangelism in student ministries by incorporating a passion for un-churched students and competency in evangelism into personal relationships designed to lead students to Christ. Equip students with an understanding of and support for life-on-life evangelism in their various spheres of influence. Strategically plan outreach-oriented events as part of a comprehensive student ministries philosophy.
- Develop a discipleship process and environments to assist youth in personal spiritual growth. Create or obtain resources to be used in the lives of youth so that students are experiencing an ongoing, life-changing, relationship with Jesus Christ. Develop and provide for greater involvement and support to a student ministry in small groups. Enlist adults to serve as spiritual coaches for high school students.
- Challenge, prepare and unleash students into relevant areas of ministry in the church that match their personal ministry makeup.
- Ensure that our ministry to students is modeling our value of partnering with families to serve both parents and students. Serve on the SCC Family Ministry Team.
- Make calls on students when they are in a hospital or in other primary moments of their lives. Outreach to new students through home calls and campus contacts (such as at school lunch or after school contacts).
- Work with program leaders, teachers, and appropriate staff members to resolve philosophical, procedural, and scheduling problems in the student ministry.
- In consultation with youth ministry coaches, prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the Senior Management Team/Board of Elders.
AREAS OF SHARED RESPONSIBILITES:
- Cooperate with the Executive Pastor, Board of Elders and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of Stones Crossing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
- Be available for counseling of church and non-church members as needs arise.
- Utilize the services of the administrative and facilities staff, which are consistent with their position descriptions.
- Supply articles on a periodical basis for use in Stones Crossing publications relating to your responsible area of ministry.
- Give full support to the budget of Stones Crossing and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
- Serve as an effective staff liaison to assigned Ministry Teams.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Stones Crossing’s Bylaws and Policies, Procedures Manual, Staff Covenant and Employee Handbook.
- Be committed to the vision, values, beliefs, and mission of Stones Crossing Church.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Be an example to our church and our community in character and conduct.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if applicable.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Attend one youth conference and one leadership conference annually.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Arrive to meetings, rehearsals, and services on time. Arriving 10 minutes prior to volunteers is best.
- Practice Matthew 18 principle of going to an offender first to work out problem prior to having unhealthy conversations with a third party.
- Financially support the work of ministries of Stones Crossing by faithfully giving at least 10% of your income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
- Full-time employees will work a minimum of 40 hours a week, maintaining consistent office hours, four-business days a week.
- When Sunday is considered as part of a staff member’s normal scheduled workweek, an additional day off will be scheduled through the Executive Pastor.
- Read and be in agreement with the Employee Handbook.
- Properly follow staff policies and procedures.
CLARIFYING A “WIN” FOR STUDENT MINISTRY:
A win for student ministry at Stones Crossing Church is when staff and youth coaches work together to lead and create environments where students in central Indiana are being connected into a loving relationship with Jesus Christ and with other Christ followers.
Specific wins include:
- Students are actively participating in the church at large and not just in youth ministry;
- Students are inviting their non-Christian friends to church;
- Students are spending time alone with God daily;
- Students have ownership in their own community of faith and are equipped to lead various parts of it;
- Students are humbly taking a stand for Christ in the world;
- Students are actively demonstrating compassion to those in need in our community;
- Students’ personal faith is becoming their own faith, no longer their parent’s faith;
- Students are experiencing the presence of God in worship, not just observing their peers play in a band;
- Students are genuinely demonstrating love toward each other.
- Parents are being challenged to see themselves as the key developers of their child’s faith while partnering with the church and staff to facilitate life change.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Director of Student MinistriesDaniel Island Fellowship
- Charleston, South Carolina
- January 18
StudentLife PastorFirst Christian Church - Canton
- North Canton, Ohio
- January 18
Stones Crossing Church
Together, we are striving to become the type of church described in the Bible; a church with relevant teaching, heartfelt worship, honest friendships, constant prayer, and compassionate care for those in need. In short, we would like to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage the entire community, one life at a time. More...