We are currently seeking a passionate Spirit filled leader for our High School Ministry - He/she is also accountable for the oversight and direction of the students and programs within the High School Ministry.
As the High School Pastor he/she will take the lead role in ensuring that students are loved and ministered to, that clear vision is cast for the ministry, and that programs are implemented to achieve the targeted spiritual development and evangelistic mission
goals. He/She will have the support of the youth team to carry out the functions of the High School programming and will be a resource to ensure effective ministry overall.
Leadership Recruitment, Development, and Communication:
- Recruit, train, nurture, and support student and adult leaders (volunteer and staff) for the various ministries in which this Pastor serves in order to carry out the mission and vision of Grace Covenant.
- In recruitment, communicate to the congregation on a regular basis the opportunities for service, matching volunteer gifts and passion with those opportunities.
- Build models for continually assessing and matching gifts with ministry opportunities.
- Develop and oversee a highly effective High School Leadership Team providing direction, spiritual oversight, vision, strategic development, and coaching.
- Build a sense of “team” throughout all High School Youth Ministry for all volunteers; ensure volunteers feel they are part of the team; lead the team’s work in ministry planning and implementation; provide regular appreciation and recognition.
- Establish and implement regular training processes for all volunteers in line with mission across campuses.
- Ensure frequent communication processes with all volunteers.
Ministry Planning and Implementation:
- Provide leadership to volunteer team by casting vision and initiating an overall plan for youth and their families that is consistent with Grace’s mission and that of the Youth Ministry.
- Develop and implement program plans which will empower students to grow and develop in their faith; such plans should include teaching, recruitment, worship, discipleship, evangelism, and personal accountability.
- Provide creative and effective strategies for partnering with, supporting, training, and ministering to families of youth.
- Establish and utilize feedback systems for regularly assessing the ministry’s effectiveness and addressing emerging opportunities or needs.
Parent Communication and Partnership:
- Build processes, which are intentional in establishing partnership relationships with parents.
- Establish a regular communication plan (written, phone, etc.) for parents of students.
- Provide parents with resources, aids, etc. to support them in parenting and discipling their youth.
- Unwavering commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated through Christian maturity.
- Commitment to the doctrinal stances of Grace Covenant Church.
- Calling and passion to see youth transformed into Christlikeness.
- B.A. or Masters in area of Youth Ministry, Biblical/Theological Studies or other related discipline preferred.
- Significant experience in youth ministry leadership preferred.
- Proven leadership gifts and skills – balance of visionary gifts with strength in implementation, self-starter, enthusiastic, hardworking, ability to motivate and build relationships with others.
- Strength and passion for directing and ministering through others who have a passion for ministering to youth and their families; team player.
- Ability to initiate creative ministry in age-appropriate ways; innovative; cutting edge.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.