ACCOUNTABLE TO: Lead Pastor
PURPOSE: To serve the church by developing a community of worshippers, assessing and evaluating the climate of worship, and equipping volunteers involved in ministry.
Eph 4:12-13, “Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ, until we come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God's Son that we will be mature and full grown in the Lord, measuring up to
the full stature of Christ.”
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the congregation in worship for both services (Classic and Modern) every Sunday morning.
- Execute every service with the central goal of revealing Christ and proclaiming the gospel.
- Develop, train and equip individuals in worship teams to achieve high quality of worship presentation.
- Equip & educate the church towards the lifestyle of worship.
- Instill vision and pastoral leadership for continuity of worshippers through different stylistic services.
- Supervise the staff in the Worship Department.
- Schedule and rehearse worship team members.
- Organize and supervise recruitment of volunteers into the worship department.
- Partner with the Lead Pastor regarding the theme of each service of worship, special programs, and selection of music.
- Oversee the creative development of the worship services.
- Oversee appropriate music for special services, i.e. Good Friday and Christmas Eve.
- Work with Pastoral Staff as an equal member of the team reflected through participation and rhythm.
- Prepare the budget for Worship and Music Ministry.
- Lead weekly service planning meeting and attend weekly staff meeting and Bible study.
- Oversee the Communications Department.
- Develop personal artistry through writings songs, reading books, etc.
- Be a learner: continue education and personal development.
- Cooperate with the Lead Pastor by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA in Music (education, performance, conducting, etc).
- Knowledge, education, and experience in choral and orchestral conducting.
- Ability to sight-read and memorize sheet music.
- Experience, leadership skills, and knowledge of equipment in Modern Worship.
- Computer and technology skills.
- Knowledge of various musical styles.
- Experience in coaching and developing vocalists and instrumentalists.