We are looking for a full time worship leader who can serve this body of Christ with a blended type of worship. The mindset needed for our worship style is to serve a family meal in which all of the family receives some of their favorite types of food.
Rock Harbor Church is located in Bakersfield, CA. and is a 4 year old church plant with Southern Baptist roots. We are theologically conservative non-denominational church. We are dispensational in our hermeneutical approach to scripture, we believe in
a literal six twenty four hour day creation, and we hold to a Pre-Tribulational Rapture and Pre-Millennial view in our eschatology. We have a mediated view of soteriology so we are neither Armenian nor Calvinist in our approach to salvation. We support God’s
plan for Israel and seek to boldly stand on God’s word in the face of the growing apostasy. We also seek to support a Biblical view of marriage.
Our Pastor, Brandon Holthaus is 42 years old and graduated from Liberty Baptist Theological seminary. His 15 years of ministry experience includes serving as the minister of education, adult pastor, and young adult pastor for a mega-church for 11 years.
The last 4 years of his ministry he has been involved in planting Rock Harbor Church as the Senior pastor. Our pastor teaches and preaches expositionally through the Bible and is not shy about calling out false teachers and false movements within the church.
The position’s salary will be determined based upon the individual’s experience and education. If you are interested you can look us up on the web at http://rockharborchurch.net/ to learn more about us. To contact us you may call us at
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minister of Music
The minister of music is responsible for the total music ministry of the church.
- Directs the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating of a comprehensive music program in preparing groups for internal and external ministry.
- Plans song selection/ theme integration/ staging and planning for added elements - guest speakers, Lords Supper, Communion, Baby Dedication, Children's performances, etc.
- Works with the ministerial staff on special music needs in the total church program.
- Supervise the work of the music ministry staff and volunteers.
- Works with the nominating committee to enlist, train and lead vocalists and musicians for the music ministry.
- Works with the pastor in selecting music for regular and special worship services - including weddings, funerals and special projects.
- Coordinates the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- Monitors the purchasing, maintenance and replacement of all music-related equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Stays informed on music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
- Prepares an annual music budget for approval and administer the budget.
- Directs congregational singing at all regularly scheduled worship services.
- Plans and arrange an “Order of Service” for worship services.
- Plans and coordinate with pastor any videos to be shown during the services.
- Provides Sermon Presentation graphics
- Provides Announcements Graphics for presentations
- Arrange appropriate videos to go with sermon/ worship/ theme/ etc.
- Ensuring that RHC stays current with our CCLI church license through copy reporting and song selection.
- Sends music and rehearsal information to volunteers
- Leads the stage set up and tear down crew on Sunday mornings.
- Recruits volunteers and training them in proper equipment handling
- Recruits workers, volunteers, and other ministry leaders, according to RHC’s policies.
- Works with the pastor and administration to develop a budget each year.
- Maintains confidentiality in regards to background checks of workers and volunteers, and sensitive church related issues.
- Attends staff meetings and any other meetings scheduled.
- Communicates with other ministry divisions, administration and pastors.
- Uses Fellowship One as needed.