The Graphics/Communications Director position exists to create and direct all visual imaging and
communications for Victory Church and Iglesia Victoria. This includes the professional execution of all
internal and external marketing materials in all media types, including print, digital, web, social media
and signage. This position is the church’s brand manager, responsible for maintaining consistency at
every level according to Victory Church’s branding guidelines.
The Graphics/Communications Director is unique in that it requires strong competencies in both graphic
design and the management of organizational communications and marketing. It is anticipated that
there is an approximate 50/50 split in time and focus between the creation of graphic design assets and
the management of internal and external marketing and promotion. This position also manages a small
creative communications team consisting of both staff and volunteers.
A person who thrives in this role is able to maintain a balance between the creative eye necessary for
compelling visual imagery and the strategic and logistical oversight needed to manage the workflow,
timelines and other dynamics for marketing campaigns. Strong personal communication skills, attention
to detail and ability to manage competing priorities are essential to work in this complex and fast-paced
environment. On our team, a passion for ministry and a desire for excellence are non-negotiable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a design or marketing position
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, ProPresenter, social media and Mac applications
- Strong understanding of graphic design essentials, including composition, unity, need for information,
layout, call to action, etc.
- Detail oriented, with strong written language skills (bilingual in Spanish is preferred)
- Ability to clearly communicate with staff members and vendors to meet design and marketing goals
- Positive, patient, friendly and professional attitude and demeanor
- Trustworthy, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on tasks at hand & efficient followthrough
- Must agree with and represent Victory Church’s Statement of Faith
- Project management for church wide and department specific marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm and mock up design comp ideas, in coordination with ministry leaders
- Develop graphics and layouts for all visual imaging and communications (including print, web, signage
and social media)
- Review and approve final layouts
- Work with printers, programmers, developers or other technicians (in house and outsourced) to
complete the final product
- Create and manage appropriate systems and processes for the successful execution of marketing
- Write basic copy for communications pieces (in cooperation with ministry leaders)
- Function as the church’s webmaster (our websites are currently on a WordPress platform)
- Manage the church’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Serve as the church’s brand manager to maintain consistency in all visual mediums
- Manage creative communication team of staff and volunteers, maximizing their skills
- Review and approve all projected media for all main services (videos, pre-rolls, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Program and monitor outside reader board with upcoming events and announcements.
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services and church events.
Note: the Graphics/Communication Director is an exempt position and responsibilities will be fulfilled in
approximately 50 hours per week.
For more information, please contact Juli Hobby: firstname.lastname@example.org