Severna Park Evangelical Presbyterian Church
110/114 Ritchie Highway- Pasadena, MD- 21122
A place where Jesus mends broken lives with the goodness of God and equips us to join Him in His work.
Position Title: Director of Middle School Ministry
Mission: To teach God’s truth accurately and persuasively and relevantly, in order to equip the Middle School Youth to live godly lives in our culture; to build into the students’ lives as a mentor; to partner with parents in taking an active part in the spiritual growth of their middle school youth and to know the culture in order to better support their youth. The Director of Middle School Ministry will execute the middle school ministry strategies, run middle school ministry events and build relationships with middle school students by showing them the love of Christ.
Work Schedule: Full Time
- Member in good standing of SPEP, or in the case of a non-member, approval of Session.
- Experience working with youth.
- A proven love of and commitment to youth.
- Actively involved in a church based or para-church youth ministry.
- Educational Level: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Self motivated team player.
- Organizational capability.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults.
- Ability to teach.
- Maintain a solid prayer and devotional life.
- Cultivate a gospel-centered culture within the middle school youth group using a relational approach.
- Organize and execute…
- A weekly Middle School youth group.
- A middle school Sunday school class.
- A regular Bible study for middle school students.
- Retreats, monthly youth group events, and community outreach events.
- Teach regularly at youth group, the Bible study, and the Sunday school class.
- Once a month teach the Good News for Kids portion of the Sunday service
- Assist with planning and execution of monthly staff training lunches, quarterly parents’ meetings, and annual youth staff retreat.
- Recruit and mentor the Middle School volunteer staff positions.
- Recruit and supervise the Middle School summer intern.
- Meet regularly with the Congregational Life Committee and work with them to...
- Effectively communicate details to parents, students, and volunteer staff.
- Prepare and maintain the Middle School Ministry budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: The Director of Middle School Ministry reports to the Director of Congregational Life. Problems that cannot be resolved there will be referred to the entire Session.
If interested, please send your resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17