Associate Pastor of Worship and Ministry
United Evangelical Free Church (UEFC) of Klamath Falls, Oregon is a body of believers whose stated mission is, “To reach the unsaved; and to equip and deploy transformed Christians through whom Jesus can effectively make himself known to our world.”
To that end, UEFC is currently seeking a full-time Associate Pastor (Minister, Director) of Worship and Ministry to join our current staff in loving people and growing disciples who make disciples. (The actual title will be determined based on qualifications in accordance with the UEFC Constitution and By-laws.)
Not unlike most ministry assignments, this position will require a minister who is able to wear multiple hats. As such, the ideal candidate for this position will be gifted in many areas of ministry. His primary roles will be to assist the Senior Pastor and be the overseer of the Sunday morning worship service. In preparation for this unique situation, we have scripted a “job description” which encompasses the areas of ministry needed at UEFC. The actual percentage to which each responsibility is assigned will be determined based on the giftedness and passions of the individual candidate.
Our current worship strategy is one conventionally described as “blended.” We are a multi-generational congregation with multiple worship teams that each exhibit their own style. As the overseer of the worship service, the candidate will be asked to disciple and lead the worship team members as they lead the attendees into healthy, consistent worship of the Father. Musical giftedness and training will be considered a significant asset in this role.
In addition, Pastor Troy Rife (current Senior Pastor) and the Church Board have determined that there are four other areas of ministry that would bless our congregation: Small groups, Witnessing/Outreach, Ministry Development and/or Church Custodian. Please consider these roles as adjunctive assignments to obtain full time status, and they will be discussed with the candidate as the process continues.
The church leadership is aware that no one man can fulfill all of these roles and does not expect this. Rather, church leadership believes that it would be helpful to give some freedom based on giftedness and passion as we fill out the responsibilities of this position. We trust that God will be faithful to guide the discernment of the actual position based on the individual He has called to fill it.
Please review the following job description where the role, responsibilities and qualifications are better explained. Also, our website includes information about our Statement of Faith, Vision, and Mission statements. It can be found at www.uefc.org.
If interested, please send a current cover letter and résumé to: Searchcommittee@uefc.org
The successful candidate for this position will join the ministry staff at United Evangelical Free Church as either “Associate Pastor of Worship and Ministry” or “Director of Worship and Associated Ministry” at the discretion of the church board according to the UEFC Constitution and By-Laws depending on the candidate’s background, qualifications, and gifts.
Role of the Associate Pastor/Director of Worship and Ministry:
The person filling this position will assist the Senior Pastor in carrying out the mission of the church. Although the Senior Pastor is the "director" in terms of setting the theme and overall direction of UEFC, this position functions as the "producer" by overseeing and coordinating related details of corporate and individual worship so that the ministries’ purposes are being accomplished in harmony with the other ministries of UEFC.
This position will primarily be responsible for leading the worship ministry but it will also include other responsibilities in the broader ministry of the church. Other responsibilities could be specifically added to the position depending on the candidate’s interests and abilities such as: small group ministry, evangelism/outreach ministry, church technology management, facility management and/or general administration. These other areas will be added such that the position can be considered “full-time” and these responsibilities would be agreed upon at the time of hiring.
Responsibilities of the Associate Pastor/Director of Worship and Ministry:
- Preaching, teaching, counseling, shepherding, officiating marriages and memorials.
- Assist in the pastoral care of individuals in the church from counseling to visitation as time, gifting and training allow in coordination with the Sr. Pastor.
Worship Ministry Leader
- Provide leadership of corporate worship in vision, organization and implementation to effectively fulfill the ministries’ purpose of using a contemporary-blended style to actively engage and encourage the participation of the congregation in the worship service.
- Oversee worship service related ministry such as worship teams, technical ministries, choirs, special music, offertories, creative ministry (e.g. art, drama, dance, video, etc.), ushers, auditorium, greeters and other related elements of corporate worship.
- Provide spiritual care for those involved in worship ministry.
In addition to the above duties; one or more of the following areas may be included, as agreed upon to obtain a full-time position:
Ministry Development Leader
- Provide vision, leadership, direction, and support to established ministries.
- Plan, develop, organize and implement new ministries aligned with the church’s vision and ministry style; equip, empower and deploy lay involvement in the ministry.
- Recruit, motivate, network, train, and support the congregation to actively participate in the church’s ministry in a way that utilizes their spiritual gifts, passions and natural talents to the best of their ability.
Small Groups Ministry Leader
- Provide leadership of the Small Group Ministries (SGM) in vision, organization and implementation in order to effectively fulfill the SGM’s purpose.
- Oversee SGM and their leaders developing, approving, identifying and selecting relevant curriculum.
- Recruit, train, coach, support and release small group leaders to utilize their spiritual gifts and natural talents.
- Provide spiritual care and accountability for SGM leaders.
- Creatively promote SGM in pursuit of 100% involvement of regular attenders.
Witnessing Ministry Leader (Local and Global)
- Ensure UEFC’s pursuit of the Great Commission through spiritual conversion by highlighting individual and corporate evangelism efforts.
- Create, plan and oversee efforts to establish relationships with people not attending an evangelical church and provide UEFC organized opportunities to serve and/or share the Gospel in the Klamath Basin.
- Provide support of the Missions Committee to develop, implement and promote an effective Global Witnessing Ministry that identifies and supports long-term missionaries.
- Encourage and prepare regular attenders to be involved in short-term missions in the locally and globally with the goal of 100% participation.
Facility Management Leader
- Exercise stewardship of UEFC’s property and equipment.
- Provide leadership oversight of facility management through recruitment, training, support and release of the giftedness of those in the congregation.
- Displays a growing, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by worshipping, growing, investing and witnessing with the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23)
- Meets the biblical qualifications of elder, UEFC membership, and deacon (Ac. 6:3; 1 Tim. 3:8-13, Titus 1,2).
- Supports the EFCA statement of faith and UEFC’s spiritual leadership, mission, and ministry vision.
- Has a passion for worship and the leading (pastoring) of God’s people in worship.
- Has musical giftedness and proficiency.
- 2 years prior experience in church leadership involving pastoral care.
- 4 years of active involvement and support of a local church.
- Strongly prefer undergraduate and/or graduate evangelical Biblical and Theological education.
- 2 years of experience leading worship and worship ministry.
- Technical skills related to corporate worship and its production (including the technology of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video).
- Pass a background check.
Salary Range: $37K – $52K per year.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assoiciat Director (Pastor)Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Associate Pastor of Care MinistriesTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- September 29
Worship PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Pastor of Worship & ShepherdingMount Aetna Bible Church
- Mt. Aetna, Pennsylvania
- September 29
United Evangelical Free Church
United Evangelical Free Church of Klamth Falls, Oregon. We are a modest-sized (approximately 125 families), Bible-based, family-oriented church known within the community as a church that places a high importance on accurate, in-depth teaching from God’s Word. Our current staff includes a senior pastor, a full time associate pastor and a youth pastor. Our current Associate Pastor is retiring after 30 years of service to our church. Our mission statement is: “To reach the unsaved; and to equip and deploy transf More...