Welcome to Trinity! A little something about us… we don’t know everything or have all the answers. We are not perfect, but a group a people who get together to know God and each other better through worship, study and service to our neighbors.
Position oversees and directs the overall management of the business operations of the church. Further responsible for creating, developing, and executing policies and procedures to support the day-to-day operations of the church and its ministry. As this position is part of the ministry of the church, this person will be collaborating with church “disciples” (e.g. volunteers), lay leaders and staff to achieve the church’s overall mission and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees, leads and mentors all department direct reports including Accounting, Communications, Physical Facilities, Information Technology and Front Office
- Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, responsible for interaction and collaboration with Congregational Council to develop strategy to support the church mission
- Develops annual goals (based on church strategy and mission) for all departments under their sphere of responsibility and works with all functional direct reports, including support staff, to develop goals for their respective areas and to oversee completion of such goals
- Fosters professional development by identifying staff developmental needs and encouraging continuing education opportunities and participation in professional associations where appropriate and applicable
- Ensures that all Human Resource (“HR”) policies and files are in legal and regulatory compliance and within organizational policies and guidelines
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement by proactively soliciting feedback from staff and disciples and developing improvement/enhancement plans based on feedback
- Works with finance committee, church accounting function and lay leaders to develop annual budget
- Participates, leads, or collaborates (as applicable) in various church committees and teams including HR, Facilities/Maintenance, IT, Finance, Executive Council, and Congregational Council
- Ensure fiscal compliance and stewardship of the church’s resources
- Works with staff and disciples in support of organizational event planning and coordination
- Performs other duties the Senior Pastor requests
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or a related field
- Certification and/or Master’s degree in church management/administration is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience managing and developing employees and disciples
- At least 5 years of related experience in church setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook; Publisher a plus
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy
- Strong leadership and excellent organizational skills with the ability to build and maintain positive, supportive working relationships
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, flexibly, and responsively with the ability to work with diverse work styles
- Experience with church specific software applications and programs a plus
- Practicing Christian preferred
This position works in an office environment for a standard work week with occasional weekend and evening hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be may made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to type data, operate business machines, dial the telephone and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 5-10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15lbs. Specific visions abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Resumes are to be submitted via e-mail to the following address: HR@trinitylansdale.com. Please place in the subject line the position you would like to be considered for.
If you do not have the ability to send an electronic copy of your resume please send email to the same address requesting alternative options to apply.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- October 28
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
We don’t know everything or have all the answers. We are not perfect, but a group a people who get together to know God and each other better through worship, study and service to our neighbors. More...