Do you love kids? Do you have a passion to disciple families? Do you
thrive in fast-paced, high-intensity environments? Are you creative
and organized? If so, then
Journey Kids might be the place for you!
Journey Church in West Palm Beach is a multi-site church experiencing exponential growth! We are searching for our next Kids’ Pastor who will lead
Birth - 5th Grade for both the Lake Worth and Boynton-Delray campuses.
- Exude a vibrant relationship with Jesus and love for the Church.
- Possess an obvious passion for kids and their families.
- Ability to teach and communicate to kids in large and small environments.
- Ability to craft and cultivate high energy, multi-sensory, and age-appropriate environments for kids.
- Ability to coach, train and lead parents.
- Ability to integrate technology into curriculum design and application.
- Ability to foster a passion in kids for local and global mission and the unchurched.
- Possess a proven track record as a team builder both paid and volunteer.
- 1-3 years paid, full-time experience as a Kids’ Pastor in a church of 1000+ or Kids’ Coordinator/Director or Assistant Kids’ Pastor in a church 1500+.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Lead a growing children's ministry of 600+ kids, staff and volunteer leadership teams on two campuses with a strategy to grow attendance on both.
- Design a new or integrate a pre-existing curriculum (i.e. Orange) for birth-5th grade that is consistent with the Journey Church spiritual DNA.
- Teach and disciple parents and kids in large and small settings.
- Guide the Journey Kids' vision, mission and values as it relates to Journey Church overall.
- Design and implement strategies for recruitment, training and appreciation for Journey Kids' volunteers.
- Champion small groups for Journey Kids.
- Champion service opportunities for Journey Kids both locally and globally.
- Champion a family-based discipleship strategy.
- Throw amazingly fun events!
1. Submit a photo and resume with four, non-family references. *Required
2. Send links to at least two, video-only teaching samples. *Required
3. Submit DISC, Strength-Finder or other leadership/personality-type profile assessment scores.
4. Submit any portfolios of set designs, children's spaces, special events or other creative elements you've designed. If available.
Send application to Executive Pastor, Brian Hunter at email@example.com