Position Description: The Media Producer advances the ministries of Northwoods Church through visual elements that attract people who are far from God, that introduce them to Jesus and Christian principles, and that help them mature in Christ
as they continue on their spiritual journey. The Media Producer provides creative, visually excellent media content for weekend services and special events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Administration
- A. Scheduling: Schedule for live video shoots to maintain workflow.
- B. Staff Meeting: Attend staff meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matters.
- 2. Creative Arts Team
- A. Creativity: Work side-by-side with the Production Director and the Media Team in developing excellence and creativity in this ministry.
- B. Brainstorming: Meet weekly and work alongside the Production Director for planning of the services.
- C. Current Trends: Be listening for new music, ideas, and creative means of communicating our message with an emphasis on the new technology available.
- 3. Production
- A. Media Production: Shoot, edit and finalize video projects, and create graphics as needed for weekend services, special services and other ministries. Coordinate with the Music Team to create visually appealing
center screen, side screen and AP content to support the weekend worship experience. Produce other media projects for the overall Northwoods community as assigned by the Production Director.
- B. Services: Provide media support during all services and special events in the auditorium and other venues as needed. Media support includes video directing, graphics presentation, video playback, video switching,
camera directing, and ensuring CCLI compliance.
- C. Innovation: Continuously explore fresh and creative ways to deliver media content. Ensure that frequently recurring projects (video testimonies, pre-service announcement videos, sermon bumpers, etc.) do not
- D. Training: Cross train with other media positions.
Interaction with Others
The Media Producer will work closely with the Production Director and Media Team, as well as the other members of the Creative Arts staff. He/she will also work closely with volunteers in the Creative Arts area at all campuses.
This must be a creative person with leadership abilities. Organizational and time management skills are essential. An understanding of the Seeker Event philosophy is necessary. Must be an effective communicator willing to work with others to develop cohesive
teams. The Media Producer should have experience shooting and producing field segments and have a working knowledge of live video directing and production.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts
Creative Communication, Leadership, and Administration
Educational and Experience Required
Experience in graphic design, Character Generation, and non-linear video editing is also essential.
Software: Apple Final Cut and Adobe Creative cloud. Advanced knowledge in 3D software is preferred.