The East Troy Bible Church
Associate Pastor to Families with Youth
2660 North Street
East Troy, WI 53120
Inquiries Made to Pastor Ron Christiansen: email@example.com
Date Approved: February 24, 2015
Job Title: Associate Pastor to Families with Youth
Reports To: Senior Pastor and Elder Team
This position is a strategic effort on behalf of The East Troy Bible Church to minister to the needs of families with youth. Two needs are clearly seen. First, the leadership has a deep concern for the spiritual well being of the students in the church
and the region in and around East Troy. Second, the leadership has a deep concern for parents and the difficult challenges they face raising students in this culture.
The first goal of the Pastor to Families with Youth will be to train and equip youth in personal Bible study, congregational and community service, evangelism, and spiritual transformation in order to function purposefully in ministry during college, work,
and family. The second goal will be to equip parents of youth to face difficult parenting challenges. The Pastor to Families with Youth will come along side parents and Biblically assist them in problem resolution and spiritual formation. This may be accomplished
through prayer, partnership, communication, training, evangelism of non-churched parents, discipleship, ministry involvement and integration into the larger family of East Troy Bible Church.
The Pastor to Families with Youth will develop strategies and programs that facilitate spiritual discipleship of youth (Middle, High School, and in time, College students) and their families. This position will focus primarily on the development of discipleship
relationships with churched and non-churched youth and their families. The discipleship strategy should include, but not be limited to, Bible study, Bible study methods, introduction to spiritual disciplines, community outreach, regional and world missions,
Christian relationships, Christ-centered worship, mentoring, and leadership development.
The Pastor to Families of Youth must provide youth programming that is engaging and relevant but as an instrument of a larger discipleship strategy. This position must provide training for a volunteer leadership team to assist him in programming and discipleship
needs. Communication and interaction with parents that engage their experience, creativity and resources is essential. Integration of youth into the multi-generational culture of the church must be a high priority.
- A vital personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A heart for evangelism and the calling to discipleship
- Bachelors degree in Biblical and/or Pastoral Studies.
- A call to pastoral ministry.
- A heart for students with an ability to relate to students of multiple ages.
- A heart for the families of youth.
- Commitment to humility and teamwork.
General Ministry Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and in concert with the elders to meet the needs of families.
- Actively pray for students and families.
- Oversee and attend youth ministry activities.
- Be a primary teacher for youth ministry.
- Communicate activities and prayer needs to the congregation.
- Create a presence in the local schools and relationships with school teachers and administrators.
- Provide monthly updates to the Deacons and Elders.
- Follow-up on newcomer families with youth and students.
- Attend and participate in Sunday morning worship services.
- Meet weekly with senior pastor and communicate plans, problems and vision.
Specific Priorities for Youth Ministry at East Troy Bible Church
- Develop a vision for youth ministry at ETBC with the senior pastor and parents
- Develop, equip and encourage a volunteer leadership team that includes some parents.
- Communicate, contact and interact with parents of students by involving them in ministry development.
- Assist, encourage and equip parents to meet the needs of their own youth.
- Maintain regular volunteer staff meetings and adequate parent meetings.
- Design weekly youth ministry programming to meet spiritual and relational needs of students.
- Oversee Sunday Morning Sunday School ministry to Middle and High School Students.
- Develop a discipleship strategy for students to prepare them for life beyond High School.
- Develop a leadership development strategy and a youth leadership team.
- Develop regional and local outreach strategy to non-churched students.
- Design missional service projects in community, region or nation.
- Create spiritual and relational bridges to non-churched parents of students in the youth ministry.
- Seek and develop opportunities for service within the community and in the church
- Develop and encourage multi-generational ministry opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the yearly budget and expenditures of the youth ministry.
- Design a yearly student retreat for High School students.
Additional Pastoral Responsibilities
- Assist senior pastor and elders in visitation.
- Fill pulpit as needed.
- Offer counsel and referral as needed.
- Serve as requested at funerals, weddings, communion, baptism, or other special services.