Redemption Fellowship is a
Position Purpose: Redemption Fellowship is a predominately African- American congregation located in the suburbs of Atlanta. We are seeking a Senior Pastor to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership. The Senior Pastor will serve the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose in the body of Christ. The Senior Pastor will preach, teach, administer the sacraments and give primary leadership in the ministries of missions, evangelism, administration, stewardship, and outreach.
Supervision: The Senior Pastor serves as the moderator of the Redemption Fellowship Session, and may have supervisory responsibilities for contractors and church staff.
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
- The Senior Pastor will equip, educate, and edify the church as expressed in Ephesians 4:11-13; To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the sacraments.
- Provide pastoral care in conjunction with, other ministerial staff, and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
- Provide communion to the shut-in, in conjunction with, the Elders and Deacons.
- Be prompt in responding to crisis situations which may arise within the congregation and make appropriate referrals to remedy them.
- Supervise all disciple making ministries (children, youth, adults and seniors).
- Oversee and lead pastoral care efforts such as performing weddings and conducting funeral services.
- Be an active participant in the denomination (i.e. PCA General Assembly, Metro Atlanta Presbytery, African American Ministries Network etc.)
- Be an active leader/participant in community organizations in the neighboring cities and counties.
- Management of all areas of the congregational ministries in consultation with the Session.
- Work with the Session and Deacons to see that the facilities of the church are functional and in good repair.
- Is accountable to the Redemption Fellowship Church Session, and will serve as moderator of the Session.
- Work with the Session to develop and implement a comprehensive program of evangelism for the church.
- Recruit, train and motivate members of the congregation to call on prospective members.
- Create and develop a program to train members in sharing the gospel.
- Recruit and train church leaders in basic evangelistic counseling methods for use at the close of morning worship service, special events and conferences.
- Establish an Evangelism Ministry to conduct the work; assess the Evangelism Ministry goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Train, support and mentor the Teaching Elders, Ruling Elders and Deacons (current and prospective candidates).
- Train, support, supervise and mentor men who have been called to ministry who are receiving their training and credentials through alternative ordination programs approved and supported by Metro Atlanta Presbytery and the Presbyterian Church in America.
- Plan, develop and implement Lay Leaders including recruitment, training and equipping of lay leader; work with the Session to develop a network of coaches to oversee lay leaders, monitoring the congregation to ensure both new and current members are assimilated into the ministries of the church; cast the vision for the work of the ministries.
- Represent the church by serving on appropriate denominational committees and community organizations.
- Work with the Session and Missions Committee to promote, educate, and advocate responsible missions support throughout the congregation.
- Assist the Session and Missions Committee with financial matters of the church.
- Oversee and promote congregational mission support through ongoing support of the Presbyterian Church in America General Assembly ministries.
- African American Ministries Network
- Mission to North America
- Metro Atlanta Presbytery
- Mission to the World
- Develop an Outreach Ministry that reaches out to the unchurched, inactive members, and members of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the assimilation of new members into the life of the congregation in conjunction with the ministries and organizations of the church.
- Encourage all organizations and ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
- To work with the Session to promote, educate, and advocate responsible biblical stewardship in the church.
- To work with the Session, Deacons and the Administrative Assistant regarding financial matters of the church.
- To oversee and promote congregational benevolence and missions through ongoing support to Metro Atlanta Presbytery, Presbyterian Church in America etc. and by meeting community needs as they arise.
The Senior Pastor is expected to be flexible in available hours to include, evenings and weekends. The pastor should post regular office hours for accessibility to members of the congregation and staff.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- The successful candidate must be a born again baptized believer in Jesus Christ, been licensed and ordained to preach in accordance with PCA Doctrine and Principles.
- Must have a demonstrated lifestyle as given in 1Timothy 3:1-7.
- Must successfully pass examination/interview by the Metro Atlanta Presbytery, if not currently a member of the PCA or outside of the Metro Atlanta Presbytery.
- Minimum of 5 years’ pastoral experience with a comparable sized congregation or have had significant training and responsibility as an Assistant Pastor or Associate Pastor.
- Must be able to teach and preach effectively to all ages.
- Must be strong in recruiting, developing and retaining active volunteers.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills such as long range planning, goal setting, follow up etc.
- Should have experience and strength in budgeting, finance and strategic planning for a church
- Should be comfortable and proficient with computer technology and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Masters degree in areas of theological study from an accredited theological seminary, college or university.
- Must have a documented history of continuous learning efforts in ministry, preaching and pastoral education above the Masters degree.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Redemption Fellowship Church, a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), and located in Fayetteville, Georgia, is prayerfully seeking to fill the position of Senior Pastor. Qualified candidates must be licensed and ordained ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ with seminary training from an accredited institution. Ideally, the chosen pastor will be a man with knowledge and acceptance of Reformed theology, trained and approved by the PCA. However, qualified candidates who have trained and/or pastored outside of the PCA, but are More...