Audio Visual Director – Rose Drive Friends Church
The Audio Visual Director is a full-time position with full family medical benefits. The AV Director is part of the Worship and Creative Team at RDF. He/she is responsible for audio-visual technical and creative development, production and training, relative to campus and ministry-wide aspects of live and production oriented audio-visual needs of RDF Church. In addition, the AV Director ensures that Worship and AV ministries continue to grow in scope, effectiveness, and quality of excellence in alignment with the church's vision, mission, values, and strategic plans.
- Responsible for excellence in front-of-house operation for all weekend services. Also provide training and expertise to improve the mixing skills of our current volunteers.
- Recruit, train, build a team of qualified operators for all worship services, ministry events, and special events of RDF Church, including but not limited to two Sunday morning services.
- Partner with the Worship Arts staff to develop and implement vision as it relates to AV systems.
- Work in a team model with Worship and AV Team leads to develop plans and strategies for on-going AV related vision, improvements, and build-outs.
- Keep current with new technology development in equipment, hardware, and computer software programs and plan for continual education of AV Team leaders and volunteers.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions relative to live audio, recorded audio, web audio, lighting, and stage production for the church facility.
- Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry so that the AV Ministry can grow. Participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. is encouraged and expected.
- Establish standards of operation and quality for AV ministries and oversee continuous improvement to those standards.
- Responsible for maintaining AV and Facilities AV budgets within approved annual guidelines as well as developing written strategic and expenditure proposals as needed throughout the year.
- Partner with various agents such as IT, Telecom, building contractors, etc. relative to the development and operation of systems that interface with AV systems and operations.
- Develop and instill a sense of teamwork for an AV volunteer ministry which includes caring for people, communicating the overall vision of the Worship Ministry, as well as the development of volunteer job position descriptions, and integration of aptitude assessments and training.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Working knowledge and hands-on proper operation of various systems to include but not limited to:
- High proficiency in design, implementation, operation, and repair of audio, lighting, and video systems. Experience mixing sound in a live venue.
- Installation and operation for all church facility analog and digital audio systems.
- Maintenance, set up, and operation of portable audio systems for special events located outside of the church building.
- Light board and lighting system operation
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Computer system and software operation (currently using Pro Presenter)
- Responsible as team leader and coach for AV Ministry volunteer teams
- Accountable to the Pastor of Worship Arts
- Full-time (typical work week is Sunday-Thursday, but with built-in flexibility to cover events outside the normal work week; priority placed on Easter and Christmas seasons)
- Profess a growing, committed Christian faith. I Timothy 3:8-10, 12, 13.
- Evangelical orientation in Theology and evangelical spirit; in full agreement with the doctrinal position of RDF Church. Must become a member of RDF Church.
- Belief in an environment of cooperative teamwork with other members of the RDF Church staff, elders, and lay ministry teams.
Two to five years related experience and/or training. Degree in audio-visual or related field favorable but not required.
Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. (with or without assistance), easily ascend flights of stairs, be willing to enter crawl spaces where wiring exists, stand and walk for long periods of time, and work independently.
Rose Drive Friends Church is an evangelical church located in north Orange County, CA.
Denomination: Evangelical Friends - http://www.friendschurchsw.org
Number of worship services: 2
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24