The Technical Director is a key leader on the Weekend team. This person will work closely with other creative personalities as a positive, solution-focused leader. This individual will be responsible to oversee the design, engineering and maintaining of all
audio, visual, AVL computers, lighting systems and related equipment at each of our Sun Valley campuses. This person must have strong interpersonal skills and will be expected to represent Christ and Sun Valley well in the community at large. In all actions,
this person will be positive, supportive and live out the Mission, Values and the Vision of Sun Valley.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience in production with thorough knowledge of lighting, sound and video
• Demonstrated leadership and team development skills
• Budget management skills
• Knowledge of Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, Microsoft Office, Abelton Live, etc
• Lead in managing technical (AVL) projects and timelines with the Weekend Team.
• Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Lead and oversee tech on all SV campuses. Develop and implement a consistent approach to all AV and media disciplines.
• Recruit, facilitate, train and coordinate teams of technical ministry volunteers.
• Responsible to develop excellence and consistency for all live sound reinforcement, theatrical lighting, video and service recordings.
• Oversee technical programming support for each of our weekend services, coordinate rentals as needed, handle system maintenance, manage inventory, provide church AV and technical support as needed.
• Act as technical liaison for additional SV events such as special events, concerts, weddings, funerals and memorial services.
• Work closely with worship leaders to coordinate passionate and impactful worship.
• Participate in post-weekend debrief meetings, production meetings and creative team meetings.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with facility and IT staff members.
• Work with church Event Director to coordinate all of the above departments for all church events, holidays, conferences, concerts, staff and resources.
• Attend weekly/monthly staff meetings and “all church” functions.
• Prepare for and attend yearly staff and budget retreats.
• As with any position at Sun Valley, being employed with a church means that each employee is part of team, which means we all pull together during crisis times, special events, and when visible projects need to be completed.
Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume to Lindsay Haddad at email@example.com