Job Title: Director of Junior High Ministries
Department: Children’s Ministries
Location: Shelter Cove Community Church Modesto, Ca
Reports to: Pastor of Student Ministries
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Director of Jr. High Ministries is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy, and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational /spiritual aspects related to Jr. High Ministries at Shelter Cove Community Church. Specifically, the Jr. High Director is responsible for week/ weekend services for (6th - 8th grade).
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Shelter Cove Community Church.
- Passion for ministry to Jr. High students and seeing both parents and students grow in the faith.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively lead and teach the weekend service times with Junior High Ministries.
- Oversee the Junior High Worship Teams.
- Lead and develop the Tuesday Night Small Group program.
- Lead and recruit leaders for the annual Jr. High Camp.
- Lead a Local Mission Activity or Event with Junior High students.
- Recruit volunteers for Junior High Ministry needs.
- Develop and oversee the Junior High Leadership Team.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor of Student Ministries for the purpose of reporting and planning the comprehensive ministry plans.
- Work with the Executive Pastor to gain insight and policies regarding organizational, staffing, financial, support services, and professional development.
- Develop and participate with the pastoral roles of devotions, baptisms, communion, and visitation.
- Take on additional responsibilities as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years ministerial experience
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorDeer Creek Church
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 30
Youth MinisterSlingshot Group
- Fremont, California
- September 30
Student Ministries DirectorChrist Church of Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Shelter Cove Community Church
Shelter Cove Community Church is a healthy and growing church! The church began in 2001 and has continually experienced God’s blessing and faithfulness. As a Bible believing and Bible teaching church, we major in love, grace and truth. We have a passion for our church to be healthy and authentic in our pursuit of following Jesus. We also have a huge heart for those that don’t know Jesus, with an increasing desire to reach our community. . More...