First of all, please know that you are being prayed for today. For whatever reason, the reading of our ministry description indicates an openness for new ministry experiences and leadership in your life. We are grateful for you. Some of you we may interact
with; others who submit their materials, we will not have interaction with. Please know that we’re grateful for your service to our Lord and His kingdom.
Northstar Church is relatively new church, founded in 2003 in Blacksburg, Virginia. Our founding pastor retired in 2008, and our current pastor began serving in July 2009. In the past six years, we’ve experienced a lot of growth and growing pains.
Ministering in an academic community (Virginia Tech, Radford University, medical and vet schools), we experience significant times of transition as people come and go. In an given May, we’ll say goodbye to over 100 regular attenders and members. During the
span of one week in August, our attendance will leap by 300-400 people as new families and students arrive in town for the start of the school year.
We have carefully cultivated a loving environment of a true church “family.” Our team approach creates a culture in which leaders excel and in which the irreligious are drawn graciously to consider salvation in Christ alone.
Points of Interest for the Applicant:
- Our church family trends during the school year to be very “young” - college and grad students are the largest demographic.
- Our fastest growing area is currently young families. We have an excellent ministry with children and youth in which we seek to minister to the whole family.
- Our worship service style is contemporary/modern. However, we enjoy occasional bluegrass, hymns, and other varieties of music.
- Our ministry philosophy is “be the church.” We are emphatic and consistent in communicating the importance of living each day for the glory of God.
- Our leadership philosophy is “give the ministry away.” We communicate to our leaders that they are responsible for developing new leaders who are invested in the life of ministry through Northstar.
- The ministry description is two-fold, including the dimension of graphic design, social media, video and internet.
However, we will consider applicants who have strong worship experience alone.
- It is vital that you as an applicant possess organizational, communication and leadership development skills. We have high expectations for excellence, and staff members who excel in our church culture are those who are able to lead with integrity, effectiveness
and who are self-starters.
- We encourage you to visit our website at http://www.northstarfamily.org to get a feel for our ministry life and impact.
Please feel free to submit questions to our Worship Minister Search Team at email@example.com.
Download the ministry description and requirements here: http://bit.ly/nstarworshipleader