Joy is seeking an individual with a pastoral call for children’s ministry. The candidate must have high administrative and leadership qualities, possess good communication skill, deep love for God and love for children.
Responsibilities include supervising 8 Head Teachers (paid staff), who, along with 50+ teachers (volunteers), ministers to over 250 children weekly. Joy is a church that is open to the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the nurture and growth of children’s ministry called Next Generation.
- Supervise and support 8 Head Teachers so they can be successful – including prayer, spiritual guidance, event planning, recruitment of volunteers, etc.
- Weekly observations of various children’s ministries.
- Collaborate closely with PTL (parent / teacher liaisons) for support and unity.
- Teamwork with other pastoral staff to fulfill Joy church vision.
EXPECTATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Christian Education or equivalent from accredited seminary/ university.
- Minimum 5 years of CE ministry experience.
- Strong administrative and leadership qualities – including oral communication.
- Advocate of team ministry and be able to work with other staff members.
- Creativity and strong interpersonal skills
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, statement of faith, 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Christian Fellowship: 52 W Ivy Lane, Englewood, NJ 07631
$50-65K depending on ministry experience
Full healthcare & dental