DIRECTOR OF SPANISH MINISTRY
Sugar Creek Baptist Church
Sugar Creek Baptist Church is an influentail, multiethnic and multicampus church that is making an impact in Sugar Land and across the world. Sugar Creek has a thriving Spanish Ministry that is integrated into the life of the church.
The Director of Spanish Ministry is part of the Love and Lead Ministry Team and is responsible to provide executive administrative leadership to the Spanish Ministry of the church. The Director of Spanish Ministry is a director position that reports directly
to the Spanish Ministry Pastor. He will be expected to make himself available for ministry opportunities with ministers of other divisions in the spirit of teamwork on any other projects deemed appropriate and offer his time, skills, and gift sets as they
apply toward the ongoing welfare and ministry of the church.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL
- Maintain a life of personal spiritual development and accountability
- Take advantage of appropriate opportunities to spiritually train and lead constituency
- Make your spouse and family your priority by striking an appropriate balance between ministry requirements and a Biblical family focus
- Refrain from any social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming a Christian and a devoted follower of Christ
- Support Sugar Creek Baptist Church with giving the tithe and offering
RELATIONSHIP TO THE CHURCH, PASTOR AND STAFF
- Practices a philosophy of following pastoral leadership.
- Loyalty to the church, Senior Pastor and fellow staff members.
- Is a team player. Demonstrates the desire and ability to help make other staff successful.
- Relates well to others on a professional and relational level.
- A commitment to Christ.
- A call to vocational ministry.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish & English.
- Cross-cultural experience preferred.
- A demonstration of the character qualities listed of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, and a willingness to continue to grow in the development of such.
- A pattern of spiritual growth that is evidenced by a life of prayer, personal obedience to the Word of God and the proven ability to discern the Lord's will and guidance in decision making.
- Ability to efectively manage programs, events and ministries from the planning stage, to the execution and evaluation phase.
- Capacity to develop and mentor leaders.
- Dedicated to the personal growth and the growth of participants, the empowerment of individuals and development of communities.
- Administrative skills should include communication, diplomacy, and the ability of motivate in a positive fashion.
- Coachable and able to coach and mentor others.
- Ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
- To help the Spanish Ministry pastor implement the vision and mission of Sugar Creek Baptist church in a way that brings spiritual and numerical growth.
- To evaluate and improve every program of the Spanish Ministry and create new ones and remove old ones as deemed necessary in the effort to make disciples and grow the ministry.
- To manage the Spanish Ministry budget and its administration during the budget year in order to achieve the set goals.
- To develop with excellence the integration of the Spanish Ministry into the overall ministry fabric of the church.
- To oversee the creation and implementation of Evangelistic Small Groups.
- To identify and equip spiritual leaders for the work of the ministry.
- To communicate internally and externally the vision, values, purpose, strategy, and outcomes of the Spanish Ministry of the church.
- To build teams of volunteers carrying out the work of the ministry.
- To ensure a high level of quality in all volunteer ministries related to the Spanish Ministry.
- To provide Pastoral Care serving as a “pastor-on-call.” Assist with visitation and counseling, as needed. Recruit and supervise lay leadership to take on additional visitation.
- To make phone and/or personal contact with members or in need of a follow-up visit.
- To preach and/or teach before designated groups within or without the church when needed.
- To assist with various matters related to worship services and special events.
- To attend committee meetings, according to the suggestion or approval of the Spanish Ministry Pastor.
- To be available as a resource person to Spanish Ministry leadership as specifically assigned by the Spanish Ministry Pastor.
- To provide leadership for specified short-term projects.
- To assist with general office duties.
- Contribute in attitude and actions as a team player with the entire ministry staff.
- Participate in required staff meetings.
- Understand that our staff is one…working together for the health of the whole for the glory of the God and the unity of our staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.