Redeemer Church, a 400 member multicultural evangelical Presbyterian church in the Metro Atlanta area, is seeking a leader for our Children’s Ministry. The goal of this position is to provide an environment that encourages our children to learn about Jesus
Christ and develop a life-long relationship with Him. This leader will also encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children. This is a part-time position. No relocation assistance is provided.
• Provide visionary leadership and expertise in a multicultural children’s ministry (birth – 5th grade) to grow the ministry.
• Select and/or develop curriculum for all aspects of the children’s ministry.
• Design and implement programs and special events to spiritually form students (such as VBS, summer camps, seasonal events; i.e. Christmas and Easter)
• Develop systems to recruit, train and retain volunteers for Sunday ministry and other programs implemented for the children.
• Review, facilitate, and oversee safety and security procedures within the ministry.
• Communicate consistently with parents and congregation on Children’s Ministry issues and events.
• Advocate for children’s ministry across departments and groups at Redeemer Church.
REQUIRED GIFTS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate for this job will have:
• A strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a deep knowledge of Scripture and possess a mature faith,
• A nurturing heart for ministering to children and is able to confidently interact with parents,
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and relational skills for working with children, families, and staff,
• Knowledge and understanding of child development, especially as it pertains to the educational process.
• A background in early childhood, elementary or Christian education is preferred.
Send cover letter and resume to Redeemer Church.
LEARN MORE ABOUT REDEEMERChurch at www.redeemerpc.com