Position: Worship Associate
Reports to: Worship Pastor
- Student Team
- Tech Director
- Worship Teams/Bands
Position Focus: The role of the Worship Associate is to help people Connect with Christ by leading and facilitating worship environments under the direction of the Worship Pastor. This is especially true in the area of student ministry
but extends to all ages.
The Vision: To develop Christ-centered people who make a difference, by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, and Engage their World.
General duties and responsibilities:
To support the Vision, Purpose, and Process of McKinney Church by leading in the area of corporate worship. This is 28 hour per week position.
- The Worship Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the primary worship leader in our student environments.
- Serve on Sundays as needed on either the keyboard or electric guitar as a part of the worship team.
- Serve on the Student and Adult Creative Teams to help provide input for the Sunday worship experiences.
- Ability to train and build teams is a must. An effective leader will be able to recruit volunteers and develop their giftings.
- The candidate will be a part of the worship ministry team focusing on the entire area of worship ministry. We seek a worship staff who can lead a congregation of 2,000 if needed, and also build an amazing student worship ministry. Are you that versatile?
Do you love building student teams and yet understand the adult experience?
- Skills in Ableton Live, Mainstage 3 and PlanningCenterOnline is a huge plus. We do everything through these softwares and sites.
- Administration duties include:
- Print charts and flow sheets each week for rehearsal and Sundays.
- Create new charts as needed.
- Schedule teams in both student and adult environments each week to make sure we are fully staffed.
- Research music and videos for Sunday services and special services.
- Provides refreshments for teams on Sundays and special events
- This position will provide the candidate with some flexibility to pursue outside ministry opportunities that do not conflict with this position.
- Creative – able to think out of the box and come up with ideas that inspire
- Hard Worker - always striving to improve as a musician, vocalist, and leader.
- Shepherd - desire to see those you lead grow spiritually.
- Loyal – believes in the vision and tenaciously communicates it.
- Progressive – innate sense of where culture and technology is headed with the discernment of when to change.
- Intuitive – can trust their gut and knows if something will work within the context of the culture.
- Influencer – relationally connects and influences others to jump on board with new ideas.
- Good Eye – an inherent sense of what artistically works
Please submit resume with video samples of your leading worship to our Worship Pastor, Steve Newman, at