JOB SUMMARY: Under the specific supervision of the Communications Director and general direction of the Communications Pastor and the board of Elders, the Digital Media Designer will provide compelling graphic design for digital environments (main) as well as print and projection environments (secondary) that is consistent with Chase Oaks Church’s mission, personality, and DNA. In addition, the Digital Media Designer will provide ongoing management and content input for the Chase Oaks website, special microsites, and the Chase Oaks App. This role is part-time, 25 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Design graphics for all digital environments as required.
- Provide imagery, design, and page layout for digital environments (main website, microsites, app, social media)
- Helps to design new graphics or updates graphics in accordance with the brand, philosophy and goals of the church and each ministry.
- Presents tight comps and sample(s) to supervisor or project contact for selection and approval.
- Incorporates any revisions and changes to material.
- Proofs his/her own work.
- Prepares final layout/graphic for supervisor or project contact for approval.
- Work with related software including Adobe Creative Suite 4,5 or 6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Fireworks, Dreamweaver) and Microsoft Office
- Backs-up past projects for future retrieval and maintains back-up database listing
- Maintains project status in task list.
- Manage/post content specifically for the Chase Oaks website, microsites, and App by making updates as necessary to ensure sites are current and relevant.
- Provide backup graphic design support for print and projection media as directed.
- Meet with supervisor regularly regarding projects.
- Continue personal development by subscribing to relevant resources to assist in building knowledge base, and participating in various seminars, webinars, and conferences.
SPECIFIC SKILLS / STRENGTHS
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Must have excellent communication / customer service skills and be able to interface with Communications team and Chase Oaks staff.
- Requires the ability to deal with non-routine matters, such as special projects.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form. High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of web design.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 4, 5 or 6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Fireworks, Dreamweaver).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook calendaring, and email.
- Minimum 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency; Graphic design/web design degree preferred.
- Ideal candidate would be from the DFW area as there is no relocation allowance for this role.
Qualifications for employment at Chase Oaks Church requires, being a Christ-follower—whose work history and lifestyle shows a consistency to adhering to the scriptural principles of the Bible—and agreeing with the Purpose, Strategy and DNA statements of Chase Oaks Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30