Creative Arts Department
The Media & Communications Director is responsible to the Creative Arts Pastor for providing leadership to and developing the media & communication experience of the church. We’re looking for someone who can champion our vision, who’s a story teller and
someone who inspires our congregation with engaging stories and promotional pieces. They will oversee the overall communication of the church with a good grasp of the right medium to use (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, video etc.). Looking for some one
who can inspire and inform our people with written and video pieces. This position needs someone who is an innovator and passionate about the various ways to communicate.
We’re looking for someone confident with helping evaluate and develop a communication strategy from the ground up. A primary responsibility will be to inspire and inform our congregation, in engaging ways, of the vision and direction of the church both with
written pieces and video pieces. The Media & Communications Director will be expected to be creative in content creation, a storyteller, on the cutting edge with social media and able to manage the communication of a large church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and directs all public and staff driven communication.
- Creates beautiful and engaging content for social media and other communication avenues.
- Ability to create structure in the communication process for our teams that is simple and clear.
- Maintains weekly handout (including curating content, developing content, editing and proofing)
- Leads a video storytelling team sharing inspiration, celebration and testimonies of life change
- Works with Video Production team in writing scripts for The Feed (weekly video announcements).
- Maintains and manages website communication with inspiring and creative media which focuses highly on story telling, life change and inspiration.
- Oversees all analytics as related to the website, social media and media (video etc.)
- Oversees and leads a Social Media strategy which develops content for all ministries, manages the analytics of social media and stays current with a communication style which reaches our community.
- Writes communication pieces for digital and mail distribution.
- Oversees all copyrights licenses and provides guidance to stay within compliance.
- Oversees a team of media story tellers (videographers, photographers and writers)
- Consistently using video to share stories of life change, celebration and inspiration
- Works weekly on editing and posting of sermons and other media driven communication pieces.
- Works with local press and media to develop a solid working relationship to help drive communication to our community.
- A champion of our ministries and passionate about teaming with them to communicate effectively.
- 3 - 5 years experience leading an innovative communications team
- Able to manage multiple projects in a deadline heavy environment
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills with the ability to proof and edit
- Solid skills writing for social media, online communications, blog and other publications
- Solid skill set with video, photography and creative communication
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier or other professional video application
- A detailed person able to plan and organize a large media & communication strategy
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of creative communicators
- Strong communication skills which inspire, teach and motivate others.
- Agrees with and follows fundamental biblical truths found in Abundant Life’s statement of faith
- A team player willing to take on other tasks as necessary within their gifting and job scope